+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6 April 2019(General Training only): Let’s connect here guys

neha3008

Mar 24, 2019
You should go for reval
But I want to clear one thing . Apparently, you need to speak for one to two minutes in cue card ;however , it’s examiner’s wish whether he or she wants you to speak for 1 minute or full 2 minutes . Hence , if u stopped before the examiner asked u , then u definitely have scored less in section 2
However , if you perform really well in discussion part , then examiner have to give u at least 7 by ignoring ur performance in section 2
oh no !! :(
should i re appear ?? actually its very difficult for me to score 9/9/7 again (7 that too in writing )..

neha3008

Mar 24, 2019
should i re appear ?? actually its very difficult for me to score 9/9/7 again (7 that too in writing )..
You should go for reval
But I want to clear one thing . Apparently, you need to speak for one to two minutes in cue card ;however , it’s examiner’s wish whether he or she wants you to speak for 1 minute or full 2 minutes . Hence , if u stopped before the examiner asked u , then u definitely have scored less in section 2
However , if you perform really well in discussion part , then examiner have to give u at least 7 by ignoring ur performance in section 2
if u dont mind can i ask one thing.. i know its bit vague..
actually m 25y old.. completed masters in 2016 then i am doing job under an accountant as his assistant since july 2016 till present. but i get my salary in cash and never got salary in bank account .. is it possible for me to apply in express entry..??
is it mandatory that your pay should be reflected in bank account every month by employer ?

arpittguptaa

Apr 20, 2019
thanks for clearing my doubt regarding cue card as my other sections went extremely well..
i m definitely going for revaluation now as it was my 8th attempt luckily i scored 7 in writing !!
u need not to worry because many a times my 3rd section went average but i always scored 7 or 7.5
lets hope we get the magical number in revalution..
Good luck for tour revaluation process. I would pray that you get 7 after revaluation as I can understand the pain of just falling short by 0.5 , that too in speaking.

arpittguptaa

Apr 20, 2019
thanks for clearing my doubt regarding cue card as my other sections went extremely well..
i m definitely going for revaluation now as it was my 8th attempt luckily i scored 7 in writing !!
u need not to worry because many a times my 3rd section went average but i always scored 7 or 7.5
lets hope we get the magical number in revalution..
My cue card was on skills and in the 3rd part, examiner asked me following questions:

What kind of skills children should learn?
What skills they learn at home and at school?
What skills do the parents teach and what teachers teach?
What skills small children should learn before going to school?
Do they take interest in learning these skills?
How do they feel about it?
How they are useful to them?
And 2 or 3 more similar to above.

Since all questions were rounding here and there, I was repeating my answers around moral values, educational skills, etiquette, behavior and like that. I got nervous and lost my smile and confidence. For 1 question I said, that learning skills will stimulate them to do things better.

I got result and scored perfect 877 in LRW but 6.5 in speaking. This is really disappointing as in my previous attempt I did manage to score 7 in speaking, albeit 6 in writing.

I was feeling confident until I finished the cue card and before she bombarded myriad of questions about the skills. (Although she said that she will be discussing 1 or 2 general questions related to my cue card)

**Now I have applied for revaluation in speaking section and it looks like a gamble.**

****May I know what are the chances of getting 7? Does the senior examiner know that I got 6.5 and gracefully he/she increase my mark by 0.5 considering that my original examiner wasn't too friendly and was in hurry)****

On 6th April (LRW day), I did discuss my experience with few more candidates and whoever had the same examiner as mine, told me the same thing that she was not giving enough time to answer and not so friendly too.

Please pray for me that I get this 0.5 extra in speaking.

arpittguptaa

Apr 20, 2019
actually m 25y old.. completed masters in 2016 then i am doing job under an accountant as his assistant since july 2016 till present. but i get my salary in cash and never got salary in bank account .. is it possible for me to apply in express entry..??
is it mandatory that your pay should be reflected in bank account every month by employer ?
I think you can apply if you have the experience letter. They don't see that whether employer has crefit money in your account or not. Just get the experience letter. And proof of funds separately. PleadP confirm from other people as well because this is just my assumption.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Listening and speaking depend on luck
My cue card was on skills and in the 3rd part, examiner asked me following questions:

What kind of skills children should learn?
What skills they learn at home and at school?
What skills do the parents teach and what teachers teach?
What skills small children should learn before going to school?
Do they take interest in learning these skills?
How do they feel about it?
How they are useful to them?
And 2 or 3 more similar to above.

Since all questions were rounding here and there, I was repeating my answers around moral values, educational skills, etiquette, behavior and like that. I got nervous and lost my smile and confidence. For 1 question I said, that learning skills will stimulate them to do things better.

I got result and scored perfect 877 in LRW but 6.5 in speaking. This is really disappointing as in my previous attempt I did manage to score 7 in speaking, albeit 6 in writing.

I was feeling confident until I finished the cue card and before she bombarded myriad of questions about the skills. (Although she said that she will be discussing 1 or 2 general questions related to my cue card)

**Now I have applied for revaluation in speaking section and it looks like a gamble.**

****May I know what are the chances of getting 7? Does the senior examiner know that I got 6.5 and gracefully he/she increase my mark by 0.5 considering that my original examiner wasn't too friendly and was in hurry)****

On 6th April (LRW day), I did discuss my experience with few more candidates and whoever had the same examiner as mine, told me the same thing that she was not giving enough time to answer and not so friendly too.

Please pray for me that I get this 0.5 extra in speaking.
speaking bands are given on ur performance in both cue card and discussion part
If u think u performed good , then go for it

Actually , it’s examiner’s choice whether he or she wants to listen to ur full answer or not
This has happened with me before
The key is to have presence of mind while speaking .if u don’t have , then you are probable to lose bands
Listening and speaking depend on luck
But , reading newspapers and magazines is a good option to acquire more knowledge about general issues

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018
No this is not mandatory. Not everyone is paid like that.

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018
I ve tried many times, this time 7.5 7.5 6.0 7.0
This is not true
This was my 6th attempt ,and every time I knew that I done something wrong either in listening or writing , and every time I got bands the way I performed
You got 6 six in writing because of your task response
The structure or synonyms doesn’t matter if you don’t answer the question fully in writing
Still u r not accepting it , but I suggest you to accept this and improve the mistake in the future
Look , always assume the writing task as a speaking question
Don’t analyse it too technically as u might be doing
That is what I suggest , rest whenever u need any help , ask m
Winners don’t quit
I've scored band 7+ writing before, but I scored 7.5 in the Listening test.
In February I got all bands 8.5, and writing 6.5. I applied for EOR ( NO CHANGE). I didn't complain because it was kind of 50-50.
But, this time I'm pretty sure about my performance. I really did well on April 6. Great Vocabulary. Well-structured. Task response 100%. But, I got 6.5
Of course, someone with 8.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking knows what he's doing. I don't want to blame anyone.I just strongly feel that my paper needs to be reconsidered. IELTS examiners are professionals; there's no conspiracy theory, but writing is quite subjective and plus/minus 0.5 error is inevitable.
I'll carry on anyway.

sh_255

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
L/R/W/S - 8.5/7/6/7.5
I am reappearing on 11 May. please suggest me how to improve my writing part.

arpittguptaa

Apr 20, 2019
L/R/W/S - 8.5/7/6/7.5
The key is to do more practice and read daily newspaper. Write sentences of your own. Follow the pattern from Jay E2 language but not copy his lines. As you read more newspaper, you will get idea on how to write. Note down new words from there, see their correct usage and then apply in your essays.

It did work for me. I got 6 6 in my 2 attempts in writing and then I followed above, got 7 this time (6th April exam)

Jan 17, 2019
L/R/W/S - 8.5/7/6/7.5
In my opinion, you should add more complex sentences in your essays e.g.while/even though/ although/ since etc,
And be careful about singular plural and articles, I believe this would help and
It will increase your band score

sh_255

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Thanks, guys... last time I managed to get 7 in writing but then I got 7.5 in listening. This time I concentrated more towards listening and I feel this could also be one of the reason. Every section should have an individual exam lol...:p

Reactions: bekayy

bekayy

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks, guys... last time I managed to get 7 in writing but then I got 7.5 in listening. This time I concentrated more towards listening and I feel this could also be one of the reason. Every section should have an individual exam lol...:p
L/R/W/S - 8.5/7/6/7.5
Jay E2 learning on youtube.