+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6 April 2019(General Training only): Let’s connect here guys

VikramK

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi all. Finally. I got The right combination. LRWS- 8.5/8.5/7/7. This is all because of u guys support and motivation. Those u couldn’t make it this time .. please don’t get demotivated. Try try and try. This was my 12th attempt in last 14 months. If I can do it you will definitively do it
Congratulations!

Reactions: Ash-20

VikramK

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
I wrote the exam at Bengaluru, India. Results are out.

My score - L/R/W/S - 8.5 / 8.5 / 7.0 / 8.0 (overall IELTS band - 8).

Due to my age (33) and with just B.Tech degree, I wanted to max out but score fell short by 0.5 in Writing.
Congrats..

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Thank you so much for the support.
But the thing is I can't digest the fact that how can somebody with the same answers as others can score 6.5 whereas others are scoring 8.5.
This is surely disturbing
U might have done a mistake
Like answers in wrong order in any of the sections

rayamhs

Apr 13, 2019
I wrote the exam at Bengaluru, India. Results are out.

My score - L/R/W/S - 8.5 / 8.5 / 7.0 / 8.0 (overall IELTS band - 8).

Due to my age (33) and with just B.Tech degree, I wanted to max out but score fell short by 0.5 in Writing.
Hi, Could you tell me which resources have you used?

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi All, This was my second attempt and I failed it again:
1st attempt ( December 1, 2018) L7.5;R6.5;W7;S8
2nd attempt (April 7, 2019) L7;R6.5;W6;S8

I guess I have to retake it again until I reach CLB 9. I don't know why I keep failing reading and listening. Writing is subjective and really depends on the given topic. However, reading and listening are not and despite my time management and practice, I keep failing those two modules.

I anyone has tips for those modules please share them with me as I need CLB9 so bad.

mkpr

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015

I guess I have to retake it again until I reach CLB 9. I don't know why I keep failing reading and listening. Writing is subjective and really depends on the given topic. However, reading and listening are not and despite my time management and practice, I keep failing those two modules.

I anyone has tips for those modules please share them with me as I need CLB9 so bad.

Hi. I would suggest for reading, go through ENTIRE paragraph. Read entire passage fast and circle key words. That’s the easiest way to score.. I went from 6.5 to 8.5 in reading. For listening, same thing, circle important key words before audio starts. Try watching American shows too. It helps :)

bekayy

Apr 8, 2019

Practise using Cambridge test. for listening, Google cambridge ielts on youtube. For reading, download cambridge test. you could do as much from 1 to 13 but concentrate on the recent ones, 12 and 13. Good luck

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi. I would suggest for reading, go through ENTIRE paragraph. Read entire passage fast and circle key words. That’s the easiest way to score.. I went from 6.5 to 8.5 in reading. For listening, same thing, circle important key words before audio starts. Try watching American shows too. It helps :)
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I already went through all Cambridge tests at least twice and scored good scores in those modules. I didn't practice academic reading though; however, both listening and reading sections were quite good - band 8 in listening during mock tests and band 7-7.5, sometimes 8 in reading.

This is why I feel bad.

mkpr

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I already went through all Cambridge tests at least twice and scored good scores in those modules. I didn't practice academic reading though; however, both listening and reading sections were quite good - band 8 in listening during mock tests and band 7-7.5, sometimes 8 in reading.

This is why I feel bad.
It’s okay don’t worry. You’ll get through. I got my desired score in 4th attempt. Don’t let this take over you. You will do it :) .

Marymoon

Dec 8, 2018
I have problems with listening too. I’ve trained with all Cambridge tests (1 to 13) and my listening is stuck in the same place! I don’t know what to do. When I am in the test room, I don’t know what happens with me. I cannot read the questions properly and quickly, and I turn out losing answers. I’m looking up some technique to improve hearing and reading at the same time. Do you have any tips guys?

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
I have problems with listening too. I’ve trained with all Cambridge tests (1 to 13) and my listening is stuck in the same place! I don’t know what to do. When I am in the test room, I don’t know what happens with me. I cannot read the questions properly and quickly, and I turn out losing answers. I’m looking up some technique to improve hearing and reading at the same time. Do you have any tips guys?
Anxiety and lack of concentration
Apparently, it’s difficult to perform under examination conditions ,but u could do it
Try to improve ur concentration level by exercising daily and eating healthy .Moreover , just enjoy while doing listening or reading and have less stress .A little bit of stress is ok but too much stress is bad
This might be the reason that u are not able to perform

Adakyrian

Apr 9, 2019
Finally I have got the nerves to check my result. Second attempt.
L. 8
R 9
W 7
S. 8
Am happy with this. I appreciate everyone here. The wait was too long for me because I was nervous.
Am specially happy with my reading. Good to know I got everything there.

Reactions: nns14 and bekayy

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Finally I have got the nerves to check my result. Second attempt.
L. 8
R 9
W 7
S. 8
Am happy with this. I appreciate everyone here. The wait was too long for me because I was nervous.
Am specially happy with my reading. Good to know I got everything there.
Congratulations! I too was nervous to check them, however i didn’t get the desired score, next time!

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Anxiety and lack of concentration
Apparently, it’s difficult to perform under examination conditions ,but u could do it
Try to improve ur concentration level by exercising daily and eating healthy .Moreover , just enjoy while doing listening or reading and have less stress .A little bit of stress is ok but too much stress is bad
This might be the reason that u are not able to perform
Exactly! Same thing happens to me when i sit for the test. Mandeep has given an excellent advice here,i started doing yoga and breathing excercises for the concentration now.

Reactions: bekayy