+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6 April 2019(General Training only): Let’s connect here guys

bekayy

Apr 8, 2019
Hello guys
This was my 2nd IELTS attempt and to my dismay I scored 6.5 in writing (again) and the thing that shook me the most is my 6.5 in READING!!!!. The surprising element is my reading test went pretty well and on the top of it I matched with almost every answer discussed on this forum. I had also scored 8.5 in reading during my last attempt and this time also I was expecting the same.
I am thinking of going for remark for my writing cz I think I did well and I've seen many successful cases of writing remark but for reading there isn't much support. Nevertheless I am damn sure on my answers...what should I do..?
Thanx in advance
For writing use Jay E2 learning. once you know the structure. you are fine.

davesar abhi

Sep 13, 2017
I totally understand your condition. I scored 8.5 in reading this time; I think I finished the test with 15 seconds to spare, it was certainly not the easiest of reading tests I practised for before appearing for the test.

Reading (like Listening) exam is a binary game. The answer is either correct or not. It is rare to see Reading/Listening marks get updated as a result of re-evaluation. Having said that, it is fine to get Writing re-evaluated.

Don't lose hope my friend, you nailed Reading last time and you will do it again. Just try once more.
Thank you so much for the support.
But the thing is I can't digest the fact that how can somebody with the same answers as others can score 6.5 whereas others are scoring 8.5.
This is surely disturbing

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
But the thing is I can't digest the fact that how can somebody with the same answers as others can score 6.5 whereas others are scoring 8.5.
Let me see if I can review the answers on the forum. But, if you feel that they were correct, you could always get the section re-evaluated.

I am not sure if the fee to get 1 section re-evaluated is same as getting multiple sections assessed. Maybe someone here can answer.

Best!

davesar abhi

Sep 13, 2017
Let me see if I can review the answers on the forum. But, if you feel that they were correct, you could always get the section re-evaluated.

I am not sure if the fee to get 1 section re-evaluated is same as getting multiple sections assessed. Maybe someone here can answer.

Best!
Thank you so much for the assurance of re evaluating answers.
I think free remains the same regardless of the number of sections you want to get remarked

bekayy

Apr 8, 2019
The difference is 4 questions. An 8.5 is 37/40 and a 6.5 is 33,34/40. Don't worry too much. you shall do well. Congratulations in advance.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
The difference is 4 questions. An 8.5 is 37/40 and a 6.5 is 33,34/40. Don't worry too much. you shall do well. Congratulations in advance.
Hello folks
I want to share my experience
Getting 8777 is a fluke as per my observation
When I used follow the structure , I always fell short either in listening or writing
This time I didn’t follow any structure , I got 8777
It depends on ur luck , and u all are preparing enough to get these score , but there is something wrong in their assessment

Reactions: nns14

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
How accurate is the online test results, I got more than what I expected since the writing test didn't go as well as I thought, I rushed, ran out of time and didn't write 250 words.
However I managed to get a 5.5 whereas I thought I would receive a 4 lol.
I must have written a band 9 chart report in task one to get a 5.5.
anyhow I'm happy with this result and hope it stays like this because its what I need for college.

L/R/W/S
7/6.5/5.5/9

Last edited:

neha3008

Mar 24, 2019
hi mu score is 9/9/7/6.5
6.5 in speaking
and fhis shook
beacause everytime is scored 6.5 in writing and speaking was above 7 or 7 always
in speaking test i completed cue card before 2 mins and there was a pause for 7-8 seconds whereas other rounds went extremely well
should i go for revaluation?

neha3008

Mar 24, 2019
This is crazy! Again writing 6.5

Listening 8
Speaking 7.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 6.5
--------
even worse than last time!
last time: all bands 8.5 - Only Writing 6.5
------
and before that: Writing 7, Reading 8, Speaking 7 but listening 7 :)) This is funny
hi i got my scores (9th attempt) 9/9/7/6.5
(6.5 in speaking)
and this shattered me !!
beacause everytime i scored 6.5 in writing and speaking was above 7 or 7.5 always!
in this speaking test(6apr) i completed cue card before 2 mins and there was a pause for 7-8 seconds whereas other rounds went extremely well and foreigner was there.
should i go for revaluation? place of test- jalandhar,india
my luck favoured me in writing this time but speaking :(

Reactions: nns14

alwezali

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello folks
I want to share my experience
Getting 8777 is a fluke as per my observation
When I used follow the structure , I always fell short either in listening or writing
This time I didn’t follow any structure , I got 8777
It depends on ur luck , and u all are preparing enough to get these score , but there is something wrong in their assessment
Congrats mandeep! may i know which structure are you talking about here? I am stuck at 6.5 in writing in the last two attempts