+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6 April 2019(General Training only): Let’s connect here guys

mani1985

Apr 6, 2019
Hi all. Finally. I got The right combination. LRWS- 8.5/8.5/7/7. This is all because of u guys support and motivation. Those u couldn’t make it this time .. please don’t get demotivated. Try try and try. This was my 12th attempt in last 14 months. If I can do it you will definitively do it
British or idp

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018
I wrote the exam at Bengaluru, India. Results are out.

My score - L/R/W/S - 8.5 / 8.5 / 7.0 / 8.0 (overall IELTS band - 8).

Due to my age (33) and with just B.Tech degree, I wanted to max out but score fell short by 0.5 in Writing.
Congrats!
No offence, but you should be really happy with that lovely 7.0.
last month, I scored 8.5 in every section but writing 6.5. I've seen people with Overall 8.5 who failed writing.
My advice is, if you have time and money, just go for another test. You're in a safe zone now. Even if you get overall 5.0, you still have a valid IELTS test with decent scores!
But this result will still give you points around 460+. What's the big deal?

Last edited:

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018
Hi all. Finally. I got The right combination. LRWS- 8.5/8.5/7/7. This is all because of u guys support and motivation. Those u couldn’t make it this time .. please don’t get demotivated. Try try and try. This was my 12th attempt in last 14 months. If I can do it you will definitively do it
We had different reading answers but both got 8.5. (last time 8.5)
My listening was fine as I got 8.0 (last time 8.5!)
Speaking: 7.5 (last time I got 8.5)
And writing,,,,,,,, AGAIN 6.5
Don't know why whenever my Listening hits the target point, my writing drops.
7.5 listening--------->7.5 writing
8.5 Listening-----------> 6.5 writing
8 Listening---------> 6.5 Writing
7 Listening----------> 7 Writing
Anyway, I'm happy for you! You did fight like a legend! Well-deserved my friend.

Reactions: nns14

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Congrats!
No offence, but you should be really happy with that lovely 7.0.
last month, I scored 8.5 in every section but writing 6.5. I've seen people with Overall 8.5 who failed writing.
My advice is, if you have time and money, just go for another test. You're in a safe zone now. Even if you get overall 5.0, you still have a valid IELTS test with decent scores!
But this result will still give you points around 460+. What's the big deal?
Thank you for your encouraging words. I am still at 416 in CRS score.

I am 33 years old, married, no Canadian education or experience, over 11 years of foreign experience. CRS score lands at 416. My only hope now is to do another course (diploma or masters). This is unless I receive PNP.

fuad124

Mar 6, 2019
Mine is out too, writing blew up everything. Listening-8.0, Reading-9.0, Speaking-8.5, Writing-6.5. (Last time writing was 7.5, but listening was 7.5). I'll go for re-mark my writing as I'm sure it can't be on par with other 6.5 essays.

Reactions: nns14

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Mine is out too, writing blew up everything. Listening-8.0, Reading-9.0, Speaking-8.5, Writing-6.5. (Last time writing was 7.5, but listening was 7.5). I'll go for re-mark my writing as I'm sure it can't be on par with other 6.5 essays.
That is terrible, actually more frustrating than anything. Yes, I will certainly advise you to go ahead with re-evaluation. You have a pretty significant gap relative to other scores.

bekayy

Apr 8, 2019
Scores LRWS: 8.5, 8.5, 7, 8. 3rd Attempt BC

1st attempt LRWS 8.5, 6.5, 6.5, 7.5 IDP
2nd attempt LRWS 7.5, 7, 7, 7.5 IDP

Ecstatic.. The perfect Easter gift for me.
P.S my task 1, i wrote as a semi-formal letter because your colleague might not necessarily be a friend but a mentor.

To everyone who did not make it, DO NOT GIVE UP...look ahead to the good times waiting for you. Congratulations to everyone who made it.
Cheers.

I used ieltsonlinetest.com for reading. For listening, i used cambridge 6 to 13 on youtube. For writing and speaking, i used Jay on E2 learning youtube. I also practise cambridge 12 and 13 for reading (these are the latest versions. Keep practising everyday even if its 30mins.

Last edited:

Ash-20

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
We had different reading answers but both got 8.5. (last time 8.5)
My listening was fine as I got 8.0 (last time 8.5!)
Speaking: 7.5 (last time I got 8.5)
And writing,,,,,,,, AGAIN 6.5
Don't know why whenever my Listening hits the target point, my writing drops.
7.5 listening--------->7.5 writing
8.5 Listening-----------> 6.5 writing
8 Listening---------> 6.5 Writing
7 Listening----------> 7 Writing
Anyway, I'm happy for you! You did fight like a legend! Well-deserved my friend.
Thank you! Just kept trying... you will definitely succeed. All the best!!! I would say this is all luck.. so it’s just a hit and trial..... I did nothing diff in writing this time.... I guess it all depends on examiner ... just keep trying and wait for the right examiner to mark you. My speaking was as good as previous attempts... but this time I got only 7.... while earlier I have got 8.5, 8 , 7.5 also. It will happen soon for u !!

mkpr

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Hey guys, I had an amazing result today! I finally scored the desired band score in each section and this was my 4TH attempt.

IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP. LET ME KNOW. I AM HERE TO HELP.
Congratulations to all who made it and who did not, please don't give up. It will happen to you soon :)

Reactions: nns14 and Ximena88

davesar abhi

Sep 13, 2017
Hello guys
This was my 2nd IELTS attempt and to my dismay I scored 6.5 in writing (again) and the thing that shook me the most is my 6.5 in READING!!!!. The surprising element is my reading test went pretty well and on the top of it I matched with almost every answer discussed on this forum. I had also scored 8.5 in reading during my last attempt and this time also I was expecting the same.
I am thinking of going for remark for my writing cz I think I did well and I've seen many successful cases of writing remark but for reading there isn't much support. Nevertheless I am damn sure on my answers...what should I do..?
Thanx in advance

dacoffee

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hello guys
This was my 2nd IELTS attempt and to my dismay I scored 6.5 in writing (again) and the thing that shook me the most is my 6.5 in READING!!!!. The surprising element is my reading test went pretty well and on the top of it I matched with almost every answer discussed on this forum. I had also scored 8.5 in reading during my last attempt and this time also I was expecting the same.
I am thinking of going for remark for my writing cz I think I did well and I've seen many successful cases of writing remark but for reading there isn't much support. Nevertheless I am damn sure on my answers...what should I do..?
Thanx in advance
I totally understand your condition. I scored 8.5 in reading this time; I think I finished the test with 15 seconds to spare, it was certainly not the easiest of reading tests I practised for before appearing for the test.

Reading (like Listening) exam is a binary game. The answer is either correct or not. It is rare to see Reading/Listening marks get updated as a result of re-evaluation. Having said that, it is fine to get Writing re-evaluated.

Don't lose hope my friend, you nailed Reading last time and you will do it again. Just try once more.