+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 6 April 2019(General Training only): Let’s connect here guys

DukeOfAlberta

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Please another thing that is still confusing is what she felt at first... Was it homesick, bored or ill. Am sure it is not ill as she said she felt sick some other time.
On this particular question, I'm not sure. But here's what I've done.
If I assume that "wind surfing" is marked wrong, the answer for website is "easy and clear", Leila went to beaches not coaches and she was homesick not bored (I selected option B in this question, can't remember what it is again) If I miss these 4 questions that'll be 36 (Band 8), which is fine for me (I think I'm certain about all other answers).

So, either way I'll be fine. I can't wait for 19th to come. The wait is something else. I hope you can do same too. Cheers.

Adakyrian

Apr 9, 2019
If I assume that "wind surfing" is marked wrong, the answer for website is "easy and clear", Leila went to beaches not coaches and she was homesick not bored (I selected option B in this question, can't remember what it is again) If I miss these 4 questions that'll be 36 (Band 8), which is fine for me (I think I'm certain about all other answers).

So, either way I'll be fine. I can't wait for 19th to come. The wait is something else. I hope you can do same too. Cheers.
Me too I think I have similar options with you except the website stuff. I only heard clear, I have kept that one apart. As for being sick(ill) she mentioned it last and was like at some other times she felt sick whether tommy ache or so. The answer is between bored and homesick. But she described the town first and stated how long it took her to mail home.
Fingers crossed. 19th will answer all the questions.
All other sessions were good to me. I hope this listening doesn't send me back to the hall again.

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018

I have a same feeling.
Wind Surfing (discussing with ex-examiner, I'm pretty sure we won't lose for this, but let's say we receive 0 mark!)
for Q40 - I chose Beauty - Still don't know why it's incorrect, but I'm ready to lose this ONE mark.
Lelia ------> sick - Why not correct!
Went to the beach -- This was clear, but so many people have answered differently, so I should be ready for anything!
Easy and Clear - Again, this question is kinda 50-50 .
------------
Unfortunately, This time's multiple-choice questions were sometimes confusing.
Can't all of them go wrong for us!
This means we can even score 9. But, I'm humbly OK with that sweet 8. Last time I got 8.5 in every section, but writing 6.5. So I'm fully aware of how worthless 8-9s could be if we screw one of the four sections.

Reactions: bekayy

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
I have a same feeling.
Wind Surfing (discussing with ex-examiner, I'm pretty sure we won't lose for this, but let's say we receive 0 mark!)
for Q40 - I chose Beauty - Still don't know why it's incorrect, but I'm ready to lose this ONE mark.
Went to the beach -- This was clear, but so many people have answered differently, so I should be ready for anything!
------------
This means we can even score 9. But, I'm humbly OK with that sweet 8. Last time I got 8.5 in every section, but writing 6.5. So I'm fully aware of how worthless 8-9s could be if we screw one of the four sections.
Lol!!!! Keep trying till you succeed!!!
In the same 6.5 boat...

Ash-20

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
I have a same feeling.
------------
I know 8,9 don’t matter if u get 6.5 in writing. Hope for the best!!! Otherwise next date for GT is 27th April.... we all will meet in the next thread ;) ... lol

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
In listening Indian version...

I wrote lift as F which was in circle.. I was not sure at that time and used my guess since in building plans lifts generally are shown in circles.

Also in case of matching answers...I wrote easy to clean in one questionq as tutor said that you can just throw in Washing machine and dont have to worry about manual cleaning ..it was same que in which they talk about not made good but I chose easy to clean coz studest said that they used plastic instead of this and that but that doesn't make it not made good..they may have used other materials for better asthetics or to make it cheap..and they never said that it was of inferior quality directly but said about cleaning very clearly.

As far as letter is concern, it's super easy...you can write both the types of letter provided following...

Semi formal : If you write semi formal then you should not talk about personal life, instead you have to talk about professional goals that you have achieved in life after leaving that job.. you can also mention the reason for meeting "him only" for example, where I am coming, you leave near to that like your home town..in this you should strickly write semi formal..

Informal : If you write this type, then u should mention a reason why he is friend first and colleague second.. ..For example, we both studied together and satrted job in Same company and I left due to this reason..
In this you can talk about personal life like merriage or family as you detailed about your friendship earlier...

I wrote informal letter stating the same reason as we hv studied together and started job in same comapnay and imoved to Australia for better professional opportunity....I am coming and we can enjoy ourself (as friends) while discussing our professional goals and growths.

Simple as that

Peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: alwezali and bekayy

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
But I chose H (final paragraph) - Tracking! Because it was about potential.
F -------> Shoppers.....
I didn't choose A at all
-----
for reading most of us the same answers - only 2-3 differences.
U chose the right option
I chose A-I realised after exam that I chose wrong one
Shoppers was F
Superior example was A
I chose A F