+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS - 3rd MARCH - GENERAL TRAINING

amitahlawat06

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello people,
How many of you are planning to take IELTS on 3rd march?
Its for people who appeared for test perviously and somehow could not achieve required band.

Lets share information to help each other

Good Luck !!

Reactions: mse6472

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
there is a book called Cambridge Ielts Official Guide, do get that book.
Its quite helpful, clears a lot of doubts
I have done several practice exams from various editions of the book and been able to achieve a good score, most of the Cambridge books you can easily download from the internet, I even have a Barron's Practice Exams for IELTS book which is really great as well. The problem is not having enough practice or how prepared you are for the exams, like e.g in my case before I took the 10th Feb test I was fully prepared, I had been doing more than enough practice exams and was able to get the required score in all the practice exams. But the actual test(Listening) on 10th Feb was really difficult, it was no where the same difficulty level as you'd expect from a Cambridge or any other Preparation book. So in the end sometimes it's just about your luck. I got 9 in Listening when I took the IELTS exam first time (6th January 2018) but this time I don't even think I will even score a 7!! but who knows...

amitahlawat06

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I have done several practice exams from various editions of the book and been able to achieve a good score, most of the Cambridge books you can easily download from the internet, I even have a Barron's Practice Exams for IELTS book which is really great as well. The problem is not having enough practice or how prepared you are for the exams, like e.g in my case before I took the 10th Feb test I was fully prepared, I had been doing more than enough practice exams and was able to get the required score in all the practice exams. But the actual test(Listening) on 10th Feb was really difficult, it was no where the same difficulty level as you'd expect from a Cambridge or any other Preparation book. So in the end sometimes it's just about your luck. I got 9 in Listening when I took the IELTS exam first time (6th January 2018) but this time I don't even think I will even score a 7!! but who knows...

ohh! its unfortunate.
Official guide is not only for practice, there are many key points following which we can avoid several mistakes.
I think 1 must read official guide book even before attempting practice test.

Its so very true a lot depend on the exam day , no matter how much we practice sometimes its just hard luck to get difficult exam.
can you contact me on my email so we can talk about preparation for upcoming exam
amitahlawat12@gmail.com

also we can create a whatsapp group

Reactions: ihsamkhan

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
ohh! its unfortunate.
Official guide is not only for practice, there are many key points following which we can avoid several mistakes.
I think 1 must read official guide book even before attempting practice test.

Its so very true a lot depend on the exam day , no matter how much we practice sometimes its just hard luck to get difficult exam.
can you contact me on my email so we can talk about preparation for upcoming exam
amitahlawat12@gmail.com

also we can create a whatsapp group
I have sent you an email already on gmail with my number.

Janani Priya

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
March 3rd, India; Listening was tough, toughest i have seen after going through several books and first attempt - hubby says.

Getting 8 is going to be tough. IELTS is ought get your money!!!

Looks like trying to get more money, to get 8,7,7,7 everyone will miss one or other, Canada immigration to have to rethink this 8,7,7,7 strategy.

Reactions: ihsamkhan

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Ty12 60s
59 Franklyn
Park square
Traditional
Village
Central heating
Garage
Computers
Bacterial