+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 30th June 2018 - Preparations - Answer Comparison - Result Discussion

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
I know that everyone here is saying that GT Reading 37 TFNG answer was False. The question was something like black pepper are collected first or something. As far as I remember black pepper were collected when they were still young and green. Green pepper were collected when they are unripe. Green and unripe are not the same and I think unripe condition means slightly mature but still yet to fully ripe.

Another thing is I have always found TFNG to follow the question sequences. The thing about green peppers were mentioned after the second question. I dont see any reason for the TFNG to break the sequence.

Anyway I guess we all will find out when we receive the result.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Even I did write D B I H in the maps . D and B are for sure correct. I'm just not sure about I and H . I have written ' I ' for Gym - while coming down from north to south in the Long Road , just below where the intersection of 2 roads happen.

and the last one as 'H' , across the other side of the intersection of roads - Running Track.

Can anyone confirm if answers of 11. D 12. B 13. I 14. H are correct or did I mis hear something for 13th and 14th Question of the Map.
For sure the answers are I and H only but not sure 13th and 14th respectively or 14th and 13th respectively.
I think B, I and H are correct. I got those 3 too and lot of others too. However, not sure whether 11 is D or G. I and a few others got it as G since it was right next to the track. We will just have to wait and see.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sorry guys please lift my spirits I answered T/F/NG instead of true false and not given and just read on another thread that it might be marked as wronganyone has previous experience on this on their Ielts test?
T/F/NG are accepted buddy :D

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
S
I know that everyone here is saying that GT Reading 37 TFNG answer was False. The question was something like black pepper are collected first or something. As far as I remember black pepper were collected when they were still young and green. Green pepper were collected when they are unripe. Green and unripe are not the same and I think unripe condition means slightly mature but still yet to fully ripe.

Another thing is I have always found TFNG to follow the question sequences. The thing about green peppers were mentioned after the second question. I dont see any reason for the TFNG to break the sequence.

Anyway I guess we all will find out when we receive the result.
So did you have 2 True's in that segment? Because the next question was definitely True

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
But,I think how to store differently they’ve not mentioned so NG
38- NG - Because there was no ordering in the paragraph. It was telling unripe for black pepper and MOST unripe for green pepper. MOST was not used to show an order in that sentence, it was used to tell MORE COMMONLY it is picked when it is unripe.

Besides, i checked through the web.There is no picking time difference between green and black peppers.Black peppercorns are green peppercorns that have been cooked in hot water and then spread out in the sun to dry.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-deal-with-green-blac-93231

39- TRUE

40- F - I checked that sentence triple times. It was telling ALL needs to be stored in cool condition.
It means ALL of them should be stored in the same way. So it was given. It should not be NG.
Question was telling "They are stored in different conditions." But it is not correct, they ALL needs to be stored in cool condition. So the answer is F.

Last edited:
Reactions: geeet

dollysek

Jul 23, 2014
38- NG - Because there was no ordering in the paragraph. It was telling unripe for black pepper and MOST unripe for green pepper. MOST was not used to show an order in that sentence, it was used to tell MORE COMMONLY it is picked when it is unripe.

Besides, i checked through the web.There is no picking time difference between green and black peppers.Black peppercorns are green peppercorns that have been cooked in hot water and then spread out in the sun to dry.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-deal-with-green-blac-93231

39- TRUE

40- F - I checked that sentence triple times. It was telling ALL needs to be stored in cool condition.
It means ALL of them should be stored in the same way. So it was given. It should not be NG.
Question was telling "They are stored in different conditions." But it is not correct, they ALL needs to be stored in cool condition. So the answer is F.
The question was if all can be stored in the same container not condition

Reactions: canadian.king

Preethipulla

Jul 1, 2018
But that was not the budget set by him , question was what was the budget else it would have been what’s the cost of the accommodation ,hence I see 150

Yeah his budget was 150 , now he agreed to 175 was different thing . The question was something like the room budget was $---------

Preethipulla

Jul 1, 2018
So till now generally approved answers for listening ( not in correct order)
Do add on and correct if anything wrong

Section 1:
1 15 october
2 hotel
3 175
4 sailing
5 class
6 golf
7 menu
8 fishing
9 caravan
10 Massage

Section 2

11 G/D
12 B
13 H
14 I
15 shoes shop
16 cheap budget sportswear
17 hiring bikes
18 diving equipment
19 free health check up
20 variety of bags

Section 3:

21 Josh found painting complex
22 art society dint approve 5 dollar painting as: no documentation
23 5 dollar painting was branded fake as: the type of colour paint used
24 both concluded that art and science should work together
25 laser system (for re- creating models)
26 camera for finding type of material
27 glass ( window)
28 stone wall
29 radar
30 one more technology

Section 4

31 petrol stations
32 fresh food
33 Scotland
34 strategy
35 head office
36 retrained
37 partner
38 market share
39 stages
40 organisation/outsourcing/ size

Do add on and correct!
In Section 2 , Part 2 - Does anyone remember if we had A- I or A- H ? I knew we had 6 questions there , but did we have 8 options or 9 ?

Babukumar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
It was something like cost can be saved by changing the _____ of the departments. Now outsourcing sure doesn't fit here as changing is already there so 2 ing verbs don't go.

For size, I don't remember hearing that correctly. I rather wrote organisation based on my gut. But ya it was not straight fwd
yes its true . outsourcing can't fit here. I was sure to write that, but it didn't fit. I missed it. So to just fill it up i wrote space. Because i guessed 38 n 39 were strategies and stages. so something would start in "s" .

Sameeh87

Mar 13, 2017
Do anyone remember the question regarding cloves used for pain reduction?
I missed that one and then guessed.

Sameeh87

Mar 13, 2017
I answered for the last three reading questions as True, True, NG. I checked the relevant parts several times and thus quite confident that I gave the right answers.

Reactions: nipa123