+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 30th June 2018 - Preparations - Answer Comparison - Result Discussion

Didotto78

Jun 30, 2018
I don't think the answer was technical error..Ben said he forgot to press the recording, so we can't categorise that as technical error... There was another option of "data cannot be used"
I agree that was tricky.. I opted for technical error but it could easily be interpreted as data can’T be used

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
For section 1, first seven questions, I had three false, three true, and one NG. The Not given was the question about Pensioners ticket and MCA (something) tickets were purchased at the same place. The text never mentioned where pensioners can be purchased from.

For last section, I put:

35: A (helps with food intake... I am not sure about this as I simply couldn't find the third use)
36: B (to discourage pests)
37: C (used as currency to pay for services)

38: False (it said green peppercorn was collected when they were most unripe... That was my reasoning)
39: True (It was in one of the paragraphs where it mentioned ancient times pepper was used to neutralize food that was well passed its best days.)
40: Not Given ( i spent great deal of finding this but simply couldn't)
37: C (used as currency to pay for services) - wasn't this used for peppercorns?i guess it was asking for pepper ( i mentioned to discourage pests/for decoration on food and to prepare dessert)

alenka14893

Dec 29, 2017
I don't think the answer was technical error..Ben said he forgot to press the recording, so we can't categorise that as technical error... There was another option of "data cannot be used"[/QUO
Even if he forgot to press the button, the problem will be technical error. Because it was connected with recording, which couldn't be used, from my point of view.

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
The question said the first picked is black pepper while in the

Text it said the one picked green is pepper. So I think the answer is false. We can't assume the green one is the o e picked first
It mentioned green is picked when most unripe, so it means green is picked first.

foluajim4u

Jul 1, 2018
In my opinion, the recorder could be used just that he forgot to press the recording Burton... That's very tricky anyways, let's wait for results... All the best to us...

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Dont worry mate. If you have covered every point, its should be fine then. Word limit shouldnt be bringing you down.
Last time i wrote my essay with 211 words only but still got 7.
Thank you. I have just been praying the whole time. Really hoping some miracle happens :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Does anyone know how particular IELTS is about using hyphens in listening answers? Like in the listening test I wrote head-office instead of head office . Will it be wrong?
Unfortunately, this will be wrong buddy because it is head office :( Last time I made this same mistake for non smoking. I didn't include hyphen so I was told it is marked as wrong :(