+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts 28th October Key

obas143

Nov 1, 2017
WRITING
TASK 1 - your company is opening a new branch in another country. And you want apply for job in the new location.
Write a letter to the manager to describe why you are suitable for job in that country

Explain what position you would like to work in

My Question: Can you start with ... Dear Mr Johnson Ollor
End with .... Yours sincerely,

Dele Jimoh

Also ask some questions

Task 2 - nowadays more and more people buy things that they do not really need.
Why do people buy things they dont need
Does it have a positive or negative impact on the society

My Question:??? Is this an "argumentative" or a "discussion" essay.

Response will be highly appreciated!

PRT_s

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
WRITING
TASK 1
- your company is opening a new branch in another country. And you want apply for job in the new location.
Write a letter to the manager to describe why you are suitable for job in that country

Explain what position you would like to work in

My Question: Can you start with ... Dear Mr Johnson Ollor
End with .... Yours sincerely,

Dele Jimoh

Also ask some questions

Task 2 - nowadays more and more people buy things that they do not really need.
Why do people buy things they dont need
Does it have a positive or negative impact on the society

My Question:??? Is this an "argumentative" or a "discussion" essay.

Response will be highly appreciated!
Task 1 - your statement is correct.
Task 2 - more of a discussion essay in favor of topic.

deeksha1988

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,
Can somebody tell me, if IELTS marking is bit linient incase of any section in exam is tough. I gave my exam this 28th October,2017. I am waiting for results.
Also, do they deduct marks if u don't mention "s" in the last of any plural word, but u have written the word correctly.

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi,
Can somebody tell me, if IELTS marking is bit linient incase of any section in exam is tough. I gave my exam this 28th October,2017. I am waiting for results.
Also, do they deduct marks if u don't mention "s" in the last of any plural word, but u have written the word correctly.
Hi,
The listening and reading modules are objectives. No questions for being lenient in these. However, I have understood than if your speaking and writing band scores are at least 2 less than L and R, they revise the marking. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Concerning with singular/plural, I think you have to get it right. So, writing 'student' instead of 'students' and vice-versa is a wrong answer.

Reactions: deeksha1988

niveshrastogi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Hi,
The listening and reading modules are objectives. No questions for being lenient in these. However, I have understood than if your speaking and writing band scores are at least 2 less than L and R, they revise the marking. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Concerning with singular/plural, I think you have to get it right. So, writing 'student' instead of 'students' and vice-versa is a wrong answer.
http://ielts-simon.com/ielts-help-and-english-pr/2014/10/ielts-reading-and-listening-scores.html

Reactions: deeksha1988

deeksha1988

Nov 7, 2017

I saw every detail mentioned in the link. However, it is not stated that there will be change in band scoring if it was found that exam was difficult.
Since we know that listening exam for 28th October was difficult, is there by any chance that we can expect change in marking the band score. Does it change like if someone scored 28 or 27 in listening, he/she is marked with 7 band. However, in normal and easy circumstance it is different and marked as 6.5 band.

bhvuan

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
I saw every detail mentioned in the link. However, it is not stated that there will be change in band scoring if it was found that exam was difficult.
Since we know that listening exam for 28th October was difficult, is there by any chance that we can expect change in marking the band score. Does it change like if someone scored 28 or 27 in listening, he/she is marked with 7 band. However, in normal and easy circumstance it is different and marked as 6.5 band.
I don't know if it changes or not, but in the links shared, a couple of statements were intriguing.

1. It is usual that a greater number of questions must be answered correctly on a General Training Reading test to secure a given band score.
2. The tables below indicate the average number of marks required to achieve a particular band score in Listening, Academic Reading and General Training Reading.

The above wordings are not mentioned as definitive and they seem to have left scope for variation. Considering it's for IELTS, i doubt they would have mistakenly worded it. Or I could just be over-analyzing :)

PRT_s

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
All the best everyone. 28th october is showing in drop down for test results. Scores in the process of getting uploaded..... :)

Is there any possibility of an early result?

Tokun

Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
All the best everyone. 28th october is showing in drop down for test results. Scores in the process of getting uploaded..... :)

Is there any possibility of an early result?
I saw it too, all the best to everyone. It will be of encouragement if we can post our results here. This is my second time and I hope for the best. My first was L 6.5 R 6.5 W