+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 20th September General Training (GT)

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Guys of 20th September please update yours result here.............

What is the expectation? & what is the result....

Thanks....

DragEna

Sep 21, 2014
Hi cooolideal,

I took academic version of IELTS on 20th September in Serbia...
I had good pre-knowledge and I was preparing for 3 months... I need band 7 in reading and writing and 8 in listening and speaking...
From my experience reading and listening were not difficult and I believe I will get high marks in those two (7-9). Writing was much harder than I expected, because I got plans in Task1 which I didn't practice much (I wrote only 1 in my preparation) and task2 topic was hard also. I'm not expecting to get more than 7 in writing. As for speaking part, anything is possible :) I was very nervous,but questions were not hard, and I got easy cue card so I was able to speak without stopping... I was able to throw in some phrases and complicated words like "commuting", "environmental deterioration" to show off my vocabulary, but I did made some mistakes... Can't wait for results to come out, I will let you know what I've got and did my predictions came true...
Wish you all the best...

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
DragEna said:
Hi cooolideal,

I had good pre-knowledge and I was preparing for 3 months... I need band 7 in reading and writing and 8 in listening and speaking...
From my experience reading and listening were not difficult and I believe I will get high marks in those two (7-9). Writing was much harder than I expected, because I got plans in Task1 which I didn't practice much (I wrote only 1 in my preparation) and task2 topic was hard also. I'm not expecting to get more than 7 in writing. As for speaking part, anything is possible :) I was very nervous,but questions were not hard, and I got easy cue card so I was able to speak without stopping... I was able to throw in some phrases and complicated words like "commuting", "environmental deterioration" to show off my vocabulary, but I did made some mistakes... Can't wait for results to come out, I will let you know what I've got and did my predictions came true...
Wish you all the best...
In speaking everyone makes mistakes.

best of luck !!! :)

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
The same to me not good in writing.

I hope I can get 6.5 and no one below 6.

DragEna said:
Hi cooolideal,

Wish you all the best...

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Sonata95 said:
The same to me not good in writing.

I hope I can get 6.5 and no one below 6.
Writing is marked in four criteria Task / grammar / vocabulary / coherence .

So if you have not done well in one aspect , need not worry. They will judge according to all four aspect.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
ahmed5 said:
In speaking everyone makes mistakes.

best of luck !!! :)
dear ahmed,

If I stuck in speaking and not speak a lot...just little speak & reply of question....

Then how much band can I expect? in speaking

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
cooolideal said:
dear ahmed,

If I stuck in speaking and not speak a lot...just little speak & reply of question....

Speaking also marked in four criteria fluency / vocabulary / pronunciation / grammar .

In all you would be marked in 9 bands and then the total would be divided by four and you get your speaking band.

So , if you are not fluent enough but you do others right , you can get good marks. ;D

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooolideal said:
dear ahmed,

Below average score - 4 OR 5.

There are particular ways the testers would like you to answer the questions - if you insist on using your own style, the scores will be lower.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Johnny31 said:
Below average score - 4 OR 5.

There are particular ways the testers would like you to answer the questions - if you insist on using your own style, the scores will be lower.
oh no...let see...

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
cooolideal said:
oh no...let see...
Hope for the best !!

you never know . ;D

DragEna

Sep 21, 2014
cooolideal said:
dear ahmed,

You should try to speak as much as you can... You don't have much time to show your speaking ability , the whole speaking test lasts for 10-15 minutes, introduction included... When the question is asked, try to recall some appropriate words for that topic, I'm sure you learned a lot new words while practicing writing and reading essays on internet (I sure did) ... For example if the question is about traffic in your city, answer the question but try to mention ENVIRONMENT DAMAGE cars are causing, or if you get question relating traveling , try to name as much transportation vehicles as you can ( car, bus, train, airplane, motorcycle, bicycle).. Don't worry about making mistakes in grammar or using tenses, try to redeem those mistakes with wide vocabulary... I did so and I'm hoping for good result, but I need a really high mark, so maybe it wont be enough.. Well see..

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooolideal said:
oh no...let see...
Yeah - One word answers are never good - always give an explanation to your statement (for example, such as...etc). Another big thing is to use words that you're able to pronounce correctly. Good Luck.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
I did quite well with four criteria but my writing have not showed my idea what I want to write because of not enough time.

ahmed5 said:
Writing is marked in four criteria Task / grammar / vocabulary / coherence .

So if you have not done well in one aspect , need not worry. They will judge according to all four aspect.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
I am speaking too much, examiner need to stop me almost the time, I am a little bit worry.

DragEna said:
You should try to speak as much as you can... You don't have much time to show your speaking ability , the whole speaking test lasts for 10-15 minutes, introduction included... When the question is asked, try to recall some appropriate words for that topic, I'm sure you learned a lot new words while practicing writing and reading essays on internet (I sure did) ... For example if the question is about traffic in your city, answer the question but try to mention ENVIRONMENT DAMAGE cars are causing, or if you get question relating traveling , try to name as much transportation vehicles as you can ( car, bus, train, airplane, motorcycle, bicycle).. Don't worry about making mistakes in grammar or using tenses, try to redeem those mistakes with wide vocabulary... I did so and I'm hoping for good result, but I need a really high mark, so maybe it wont be enough.. Well see..