+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS | 20th Jan 2018 | General Training | Answer Key

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
It’s clear that if they are not available to realease the results in month then there should be some changes within the examination body as another 13 days would be enough for remarking..

Some of the people are saying here to wait for indefinite time as final result date is not given, just because we don’t get punished for cheating. These people suggest us not to complain and to wait but what after waiting for 2 months if they permanently hold the results of loyal candidates including some of us.

These guys should then give their “logical” way out and complain making procedures after two months. Will any one who is very much loyal to exam centres would come then with us for complaining or then also you will say you must have cheated.

That is why I am asking for complain mechanism, simple.

Basically these ppl r saying that whatever ielts is doing is okay the fault is ours whatever the case may be.

I don’t understand why is it wrong to ask for transparent procedures and final result dates? They have provided their contacts number, ids, feedback forms etc. to use and we r using that.

We r waiting in any case but at least we should know how much more.

amitahlawat06

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
FOR BRITISH COUNCIL TEST TAKERS....

some people got an email for next update on 16th feb, did these guys took academic or general training.
as per my contacts guys with general module got notification of next update on 19th feb.
if this is true 16th for academic and 19 for general there is another catch in it.

do reply about it.
thanks

amitahlawat06

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
V

Very easy for you to say all this. On 2md Feb the company replied same about 9th Feb. What will be so different about 16th Feb. You are trying to make it look like one week thing but in reality it's already two weeks delay and company is still not sure that the result will be declared on 16 or 19. We will simply be told to wait for a week again.
We are getting late on our applications, their is no other reason why we are impatient.
borther you got date 16th or 19th for next update.
and did you took academic or general?

tuxcanfly

Dec 18, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2018
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Yes absolutely. But then if you get these flags for so many candidates and most of the time due to reasons not related to their english ability, then don't you think the exam setting needs to be revisited?
Spot on. Nobody would mind waiting one or two weeks, if IELTS was more transparent about their process. The frustration is because of unknown waiting time and unknown reasons. Contrary to what others might interpret, nothing stops IELTS from withholding the result again on 19th. We know this because 6th Jan candidates are still waiting.

Some people here seem to have the attitude "I got mine, so long suckers", which is very unfortunate.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Spot on. Nobody would mind waiting one or two weeks, if IELTS was more transparent about their process. The frustration is because of unknown waiting time and unknown reasons. Contrary to what others might interpret, nothing stops IELTS from withholding the result again on 19th. We know this because 6th Jan candidates are still waiting.

Some people here seem to have the attitude "I got mine, so long suckers", which is very unfortunate.
Yes that exactly is the problem...the Unknowm waiting time and people also try to justify on that ...take 3 months but at least tell us so that we can draw our next lines..

Ukr52

Sep 29, 2013

An exam is an exam because of the result at the end. Without it the exam makes no sense. All this delay - which seems to be a norm now given so many instances - that they show in the name of scrutinity clearly is making their system's credibility doubful in the eyes of the test takers. They should change their tag line to something like "with IELTS - you never know!"

aabeeroy

Feb 9, 2018
It’s clear that if they are not available to realease the results in month then there should be some changes within the examination body as another 13 days would be enough for remarking..

Some of the people are saying here to wait for indefinite time as final result date is not given, just because we don’t get punished for cheating. These people suggest us not to complain and to wait but what after waiting for 2 months if they permanently hold the results of loyal candidates including some of us.

These guys should then give their “logical” way out and complain making procedures after two months. Will any one who is very much loyal to exam centres would come then with us for complaining or then also you will say you must have cheated.

That is why I am asking for complain mechanism, simple.

Basically these ppl r saying that whatever ielts is doing is okay the fault is ours whatever the case may be.

I don’t understand why is it wrong to ask for transparent procedures and final result dates? They have provided their contacts number, ids, feedback forms etc. to use and we r using that.

We r waiting in any case but at least we should know how much more.
Did you get your result?

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
:(:( i got mine... just missed by an edge:
L: 8.5
R: 9.0
W: 6.5
S: 8.0

Can someone please suggest if it would be worth to recheck?