+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ielts 16th of May (computer exam)

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Thank you very much for your reply.

Most of the time I have good thought flow and the structure is in my head but I don’t know what happened on my previous exam. I will definitely practice more in next few days. I will be in Calgary from this Friday until 18th of July, my cousins will look after my baby girl and I just have to give my best, I will take this exam 6x if needed as I cannot waste this chance.

Actually, I need at least 7.5 from all sections as I am applying for the Foundation programme 2020 in the UK (specialty programme for doctors) and that is one of their requirements. I passed IELTS last year with overall 7, and also OET with a grade B (four Bs from all sections) in February in order to get my license to practice from the General Medical Council but I need this to do my next step. I have to succeed in this by 5th of August. Otherwise, I can apply for this programme only next year and to be honest with you I don’t want to sit and wait anymore.

If you have any other advice, please send me an email. My email address csullogzita@gmail.com

Best rega
Well, I see then. You have to let it go (mentally). I took it 4 times and last time I gave up on the exam and was ready to do it again.
If it’s the academic 7.5 you need, your guiding light are the articles from the Economist, Guardian etc. I did this exam 10 years ago and it was much easier for me because both parts must be written in formal way with academic vocabulary + the first part is providing the whole information.

My best advice to you would be to find a proper online tutor because there is a certain gap between 6.5 and 7 and 7-7.5. That having been said, some of my writing did score 7.5 when I have prepared and I was kinda confident during the exam, but eventually scored only 7.0, so you should upgrade your writing for the 7.5-8 level to land with 7.5

Your teacher will help you to see where are your weakest parts and where to improve because every essay is marked in 4 categories.

My tutor recommended me a nice podcast In Our Time - this is the level they need for those marks.