+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Young Professionals - stage 2 refused

Izumairu

Jan 7, 2015
Hi all,

I'm in a similar situation and I'm curious to hear if there was anyone else in a similar situation. I'm also a German citizen currently living and working in Canada. My current work permit is expiring soon and I'm currently applying for the YP visa, but I haven't actually lived in Germany for a while now (7 years). I haven't received my Conditional Acceptance Letter yet, because of the Christmas break delays, but I expect it soon.

Here's what's worrying me: It is currently not present in the new requirement page, found on the cic.gc.ca page, but the old page used to say something along the lines of:

'be a current resident of Germany'

I'm wondering, once I receive it and I get admitted to stage 2, can I give my 'last' country of residence, which is England for the last 7 years, or should declare it as Germany?

Oh and just to mention it again, the current eligibility requirements doesn't mention country of residence AT ALL.

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Izumairu said:
Hi all,

I'm in a similar situation and I'm curious to hear if there was anyone else in a similar situation. I'm also a German citizen currently living and working in Canada. My current work permit is expiring soon and I'm currently applying for the YP visa, but I haven't actually lived in Germany for a while now (7 years). I haven't received my Conditional Acceptance Letter yet, because of the Christmas break delays, but I expect it soon.

Here's what's worrying me: It is currently not present in the new requirement page, found on the cic.gc.ca page, but the old page used to say something along the lines of:

'be a current resident of Germany'

I'm wondering, once I receive it and I get admitted to stage 2, can I give my 'last' country of residence, which is England for the last 7 years, or should declare it as Germany?

Oh and just to mention it again, the current eligibility requirements doesn't mention country of residence AT ALL.
I think many of the countries removed the criteria of having to be "a resident" at the time of applying. This is different than being a "citizen". In a number of countries (Latvia, Estonia, etc), this is still a requirement for some silly reason. Doesn't make sense since if you are in Canada or abroad and your permits for whatever reason expire, you will go back to being a resident and living in your country of citizenship. I do know that in these countries you can go to their government offices and let them know you are not a resident anymore, so that is the risk if you have done that.

I wish they would remove this for all countries as it makes no difference to your status.

Izumairu

Jan 7, 2015
What a relief, thanks a lot for your reply, Onemoretime!

I was half expecting that it is a hidden requirement somewhere, but with it not being the case I should hopefully be approved, regardless of the country of residence not being Germany.

szczezuja

Jul 30, 2016
Hello,

I am currently on IEC working Holiday ( polish citizen), I would like to apply second time under IEC Young Proffesionals, basically company who I was working on IEC want to do a job offer for me. However, my education is totally different than the company I will be working for. It is a marketing company. I had been working for them more than 6 months and also I had another jobs that were connected with marketing as well.

Does any one know if I still can a chance to apply, even tho my education background is not marketing? I am able to do some kind of marketing course in between.

Has anyone been in the same situation?

Thanks,