Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

I am a Spain citizen that does not live there, and when asked about that I answered Permanent Residence: Spain, Current residence: Uruguay. And my IEC YP was refused because I do not live in Spain.

I have already had an IEC Working Holiday visa, answered exactly the same and it was approved.

My question is, what are the consequences if I say that my permanent AND current residence is Spain, even if it is not.

As many here, I am in a desperate situation, I could not apply for EE because I only worked for 10 months (as a pilot, NOC B 2271) when I had the IEC WH and needed at least 12 months of Canadian work experience. That is why I need the YP so desperately but I am afraid of being banned for 5 years.

BTW, I have already waited 3 months (outside Canada) since the expiration of my previous IEC WH.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance!

Gill

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am a Spain citizen that does not live there, and when asked about that I answered Permanent Residence: Spain, Current residence: Uruguay. And my IEC YP was refused because I do not live in Spain.

I have already had an IEC Working Holiday visa, answered exactly the same and it was approved.

My question is, what are the consequences if I say that my permanent AND current residence is Spain, even if it is not.

As many here, I am in a desperate situation, I could not apply for EE because I only worked for 10 months (as a pilot, NOC B 2271) when I had the IEC WH and needed at least 12 months of Canadian work experience. That is why I need the YP so desperately but I am afraid of being banned for 5 years.

BTW, I have already waited 3 months (outside Canada) since the expiration of my previous IEC WH.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance!

Gill
You need to be living in Spain to qualify to apply.

If you lie in your application, this is misrepresentation which results in a refusal and puts you at high risk for a 5 year ban from Canada. A five year ban from Canada would prevent you from coming to Canada in any capacity for the next five years - this includes applying for PR through EE.

You are very right to be afraid that you may be banned from Canada. Find another way to return - or move to Spain for six months or so and then reapply.

gill1988

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You need to be living in Spain to qualify to apply.

If you lie in your application, this is misrepresentation which results in a refusal and puts you at high risk for a 5 year ban from Canada. A five year ban from Canada would prevent you from coming to Canada in any capacity for the next five years - this includes applying for PR through EE.

You are very right to be afraid that you may be banned from Canada. Find another way to return - or move to Spain for six months or so and then reapply.
Thank you very much for your response.

I would definitely do that but unfortunately, I can’t...

How likely is for that to happen? Do you know how do they determine that I wasn’t living in Spain?

During the 3-month wait period, I have been sending resumes and had many interviews. Not even one company was willing to go through an LMIA process. I simply don’t know any other way to go back to Canada...

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for your response.

I would definitely do that but unfortunately, I can’t...

How likely is for that to happen? Do you know how do they determine that I wasn’t living in Spain?

During the 3-month wait period, I have been sending resumes and had many interviews. Not even one company was willing to go through an LMIA process. I simply don’t know any other way to go back to Canada...

Thank you.
I can't comment on the likelihood. I'm honestly not comfortable helping someone who intends to commit misrepresentation.

IRCC may make no effort to determine if you are living in Spain. Instead, they may put the onus on YOU to prove that you are living there. You won't be able to do this - hello 5 year ban.

If you lie in your application, you should assume the likelihood of a 5 year ban is high. So guess it comes down to how willing you are to risk being banned from Canada for 5 years.

gill1988

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I can't comment on the likelihood. I'm honestly not comfortable helping someone who intends to commit misrepresentation.

IRCC may make no effort to determine if you are living in Spain. Instead, they may put the onus on YOU to prove that you are living there. You won't be able to do this - hello 5 year ban.

If you lie in your application, you should assume the likelihood of a 5 year ban is high. So guess it comes down to how willing you are to risk being banned from Canada for 5 years.
I understand your position, and I don’t feel comfortable doing this either.

Like I said before, I am in a desperate situation. I have been living out of savings since I left Canada (4 months ago) and could not secure a job here yet. As of today, I am running out of funds. This situation is what forces me to make desperate decisions. And I really appreciate your advise.

I don’t know what to do. I can’t risk to be banned for 5 years because I can only work as a pilot in Canada and Uruguay. And Uruguay is not an option, there are no jobs, I need to go back asap.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand your position, and I don’t feel comfortable doing this either.

Like I said before, I am in a desperate situation. I have been living out of savings since I left Canada (4 months ago) and could not secure a job here yet. As of today, I am running out of funds. This situation is what forces me to make desperate decisions. And I really appreciate your advise.

I don’t know what to do. I can’t risk to be banned for 5 years because I can only work as a pilot in Canada and Uruguay. And Uruguay is not an option, there are no jobs, I need to go back asap.

Thank you.
If you cannot risk being banned for 5 years - then you cannot apply for the IEC claiming you are living in Spain. Applying for the IEC will definitely open up the risk of a ban.

I assume you have looked into Express Entry and the PNP programs and confirmed you don't qualify.

gill1988

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you very much for your advise. I will widthdrawn my profile from the IEC YP pool.

I created a profile for the EE program and it says ineligible... Also created a profile for the BCPNP, once I receive my ECA, I should have 106 points, but since I do not qualify for the EE, my understanding is that the PNP will be useless.

I am short by 2 months of canadian work experience to meet the requirements of EE CEC. I worked for 10 months at a regional airline in Toronto.

gill1988

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I completely run out of founds, can not even afford a one-way ticket for me there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I completely run out of founds, can not even afford a one-way ticket for me there.
Regardless of what path you take, you will need money to make it back to Canada (between application fees, flight ticket, etc.). It sounds like your immediate priority should be finding any kind of job where you are now to support yourself and hopefully save a bit of money.

In the meantime, I would recommend you join the Express Entry section of the forum and read up on the information available there in detail. It's possible you may have entered something incorrectly into your EE profile that resulted in it saying that you're ineligible. This happens often. You'll be able to find lots of information and help on this subject in that part of the forum.

Good luck.

gill1988

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Regardless of what path you take, you will need money to make it back to Canada (between application fees, flight ticket, etc.). It sounds like your immediate priority should be finding any kind of job where you are now to support yourself and hopefully save a bit of money.

In the meantime, I would recommend you join the Express Entry section of the forum and read up on the information available there in detail. It's possible you may have entered something incorrectly into your EE profile that resulted in it saying that you're ineligible. This happens often. You'll be able to find lots of information and help on this subject in that part of the forum.

Good luck.
Dear Scylla and Canuck78,

Thank you very much for your advise.

Regarding the EE, I will read the forum and try to find out if I made a mistake on my profile. My understanding is that I do not qualify for the FSW stream and the CEC either. Like I said before, I only have 10 months of Canadian work experience, and for the FSW the pilot license has no education equivalency so my education level is High School diploma.

Thanks again.

Gill

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Scylla and Canuck78,

Thank you very much for your advise.

Regarding the EE, I will read the forum and try to find out if I made a mistake on my profile. My understanding is that I do not qualify for the FSW stream and the CEC either. Like I said before, I only have 10 months of Canadian work experience, and for the FSW the pilot license has no education equivalency so my education level is High School diploma.

Thanks again.

Gill
CEC requires a year of Canadian work experience - however FSW does not. You do need at least a year of continuous skilled work experience however it doesn't have to be in Canada for FSW/Express Entry. So I would check that out.

But what you've said about your education will be problemactic and lower your CRS score (and possibly mean you don't have enough FSW points to qualify - you need at least 67). You need around 460 points to be selected out of the EE pool.

You might want to check out the PNP programs if Express Entry is a no-go.

Good luck again - hope something works out.

gill1988

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
CEC requires a year of Canadian work experience - however FSW does not. You do need at least a year of continuous skilled work experience however it doesn't have to be in Canada for FSW/Express Entry. So I would check that out.

But what you've said about your education will be problemactic and lower your CRS score (and possibly mean you don't have enough FSW points to qualify - you need at least 67). You need around 460 points to be selected out of the EE pool.

You might want to check out the PNP programs if Express Entry is a no-go.

Good luck again - hope something works out.
Scylla,

I contacted Transport Canada to double check and there is no equivalency, unfortunately for me.

I did my training at a flying club in Uruguay. In Canada there’s an option of going to collage, in that case you get a degree and that’s whole different story when applying for EE.

Please let me know if I am wrong. Since I have a job offer from BC, once my ECA is ready I will have 106 points on my BCPNP profile. With that score, eventually I should receive an invitation. But, I think that it will be useless since I do not have an EE profile. Shouldn’t I be eligible for EE and then apply for PNP?

Than you,

Gill

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scylla,

I contacted Transport Canada to double check and there is no equivalency, unfortunately for me.

I did my training at a flying club in Uruguay. In Canada there’s an option of going to collage, in that case you get a degree and that’s whole different story when applying for EE.

Please let me know if I am wrong. Since I have a job offer from BC, once my ECA is ready I will have 106 points on my BCPNP profile. With that score, eventually I should receive an invitation. But, I think that it will be useless since I do not have an EE profile. Shouldn’t I be eligible for EE and then apply for PNP?

Than you,

Gill
I'm not familiar enough with the BC PNP program to comment. You should really be posting these questions to the PNP section of the forum.