+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Young Profesionals

Aljaz

Oct 28, 2012
Hi there,

I will be very grateful if I can get some informations regarding changing "employer" on Young Professionals IEC visa. My employer informed me that his bussines will run for a half a year more and then he will close it due to numerous reasons...

I know that then I have to find a new employer but since I could run my bussines on my own (i could get my own customers) I was thinking about open my own bussines.

Is it possible to open my own bussines and work for myself still under Young Professionals WP?

Thank you in advance for all the answers,

Aljaz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Aljaz said:
Hi there,

I will be very grateful if I can get some informations regarding changing "employer" on Young Professionals IEC visa. My employer informed me that his bussines will run for a half a year more and then he will close it due to numerous reasons...

I know that then I have to find a new employer but since I could run my bussines on my own (i could get my own customers) I was thinking about open my own bussines.

Is it possible to open my own bussines and work for myself still under Young Professionals WP?

Thank you in advance for all the answers,

Aljaz
1. No, you can't do that. With the Young Professionals IEC you are tied to that one employer.

Aljaz

Oct 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your answer.

OK, but I can still change employer if it is in the same occupation?

So opening a bussines is not possible while staying under temporary working visa?

ThANKS!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Aljaz said:
Thank you very much for your answer.

OK, but I can still change employer if it is in the same occupation?

So opening a bussines is not possible while staying under temporary working visa?

ThANKS!
1. Look at your work permit under Young Professionals it is a closed work permit restricted to one employer. You would have to find another employer, apply to change your work permit under the IEC Young Professionals. I doubt that it can be done in Canada, you would have to apply to the office that issued your original wp.