+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC working holiday visa

omwtoronto

Apr 4, 2015
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread! I’m midway through my working holiday visa & had to return to the UK in Feb due to the coronavirus issue. The borders are now closed & could be for months and I’m unsure what to do! My visa expires towards the end of the year, is it possible to apply to have it extended? Thanks for the help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread! I’m midway through my working holiday visa & had to return to the UK in Feb due to the coronavirus issue. The borders are now closed & could be for months and I’m unsure what to do! My visa expires towards the end of the year, is it possible to apply to have it extended? Thanks for the help!
You didn’t have to return to the UK because of coronavirus so I don’t quite understand the how you would qualify for an extension. Canada waa a safer place to be and you are required to have some form of health insurance as IEC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's impossible for any of us to comment at this time. You'll need to wait for IRCC announcements.

Normally IECs cannot be extended. So IRCC would have to make an exception based on circumstances.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody can tell you the situation is fluid but if you are using the reason that you need to go to the UK because of the corovupirus it isn’t a strong argument given Europe was hit first so you were leaving a lower risk zone. You could also argue that the NHS has less capacity in their hospitals than Canada although we have nothing to brag about.

omwtoronto

Apr 4, 2015
Thanks for the advice! For context - I returned for two reasons - my health declined & the coronavirus issue was afoot which I anticipated getting far worse. Insurance only covered some costs of healthcare & made sense to be at home during this turbulent few months rather than travel Canada. But once more - thanks for answering a quite pointless question!

omwtoronto

Apr 4, 2015
Nobody can tell you the situation is fluid but if you are using the reason that you need to go to the UK because of the corovupirus it isn’t a strong argument given Europe was hit first so you were leaving a lower risk zone. You could also argue that the NHS has less capacity in their hospitals than Canada although we have nothing to brag about.
Apologies - this wasn’t explained as well. I could have returned in the early stages of this corona issue, but didn’t make sense to - I was in the UK at this time. Thanks very much for answering my query as best you could

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apologies - this wasn’t explained as well. I could have returned in the early stages of this corona issue, but didn’t make sense to - I was in the UK at this time. Thanks very much for answering my query as best you could
you will get that heard immunity - meaning you will get virus with everybody else at the same time. I doubt that they will extend your work visa. And now because you are not at least PR or a family member of a Canadian or a PR, you cannot enter Canada and it is difficult to say how long it will last.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately I think that will be viewed as a personal choice.