+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Working holiday visa refused :( Help

candymanny

Dec 29, 2013
Hi there, I am a PR in Canada and my husband has applied for the working holiday visa in Hong Kong. H has passed the first stage and he had proceeded to the second stage. However, today he received a letter from them saying that his application got refused because he cannot satisfy the officer that he will leave at the end of his stay(reasons checked on letter are family tie in canada and purpose of staying). Before we applied for working holiday visa we applied for open work permit twice but his application got refused because he is not eligible to apply for it. We have also turned in our spousal sponsorship application in jan and he is planning to stay around a year or less in canada with me because if an interview is required for the spousal sponsorship application he has to go back. im a student right now and i cannot go to hk to visit my husband because i dont have any summer breaks this year and i have wait until 2015 summer to do so. This is why my husband is coming , and he wants to work so that he can stay for longer. Can he appeal for refusal? or can we reapply? do we need to reapply from stage one? is there any documents that we can submit to prove that he will return to hk by the end of his stay? any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

candymanny said:
Hi there, I am a PR in Canada and my husband has applied for the working holiday visa in Hong Kong. H has passed the first stage and he had proceeded to the second stage. However, today he received a letter from them saying that his application got refused because he cannot satisfy the officer that he will leave at the end of his stay(reasons checked on letter are family tie in canada and purpose of staying). Before we applied for working holiday visa we applied for open work permit twice but his application got refused because he is not eligible to apply for it. We have also turned in our spousal sponsorship application in jan and he is planning to stay around a year or less in canada with me because if an interview is required for the spousal sponsorship application he has to go back. im a student right now and i cannot go to hk to visit my husband because i dont have any summer breaks this year and i have wait until 2015 summer to do so. This is why my husband is coming , and he wants to work so that he can stay for longer. Can he appeal for refusal? or can we reapply? do we need to reapply from stage one? is there any documents that we can submit to prove that he will return to hk by the end of his stay? any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
1. No, there is no appeal (except for leave to appeal to the Federal Court)
2. No, the program for Hong Kong is now closed
3. 2 Open work permits refused, 1 IEC refused, spouse in Canada, sponsorship application, anything you send won't help at this point. Obvious his intention is to work in Canada.

candymanny

Dec 29, 2013
will this also affect our spousal application? he applied for a work permit because he needs to support his living while he is stay with me. as we are both in our early twenties and it is quite hard for him to not working and stay here with me for six months. our purpose for the application is that we can be together. :(