+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Working Holiday Extension

Mrrapa11

May 14, 2018
Hi,

I've been looking into extension my current IEC working holiday visa. I know it can only be done in certain circumstances but I'm wondering if my situation would qualify.

Basically when I was approved to come to Canada on IEC I came to activate it before it expired then I went home (Ireland) after 10 days to save more money and come back to Canada. It took me a year to save and come back, so I've actually only been in Canada for almost a year of my two year visa. I was hoping if I could prove and explain this to the visa officers that I could be granted an extension (hopefully another year) if possible.

Does anybody have or heard of any experience similar to mine?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I've been looking into extension my current IEC working holiday visa. I know it can only be done in certain circumstances but I'm wondering if my situation would qualify.

Basically when I was approved to come to Canada on IEC I came to activate it before it expired then I went home (Ireland) after 10 days to save more money and come back to Canada. It took me a year to save and come back, so I've actually only been in Canada for almost a year of my two year visa. I was hoping if I could prove and explain this to the visa officers that I could be granted an extension (hopefully another year) if possible.

Does anybody have or heard of any experience similar to mine?
Extension is only available if the IEC eligibility was limited to a passport expiry date.
Your case will not warrant an extension. It's as simple as that... Use it or lose it.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk