+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Work Permit - Missed Biometrics Deadline - What can I do?

MB123

Sep 10, 2019
Hey all,

I received an invite to apply for a work permit through the IEC in July. I accepted and everything was going great, except I missed the deadline for submission of my biometrics. I had to travel to submit the biometrics and I couldn’t do so for personal reasons.

As a result my application was refused and now it seems like I have to start all over again - I’m back in the IEC pool for my country (Australia) and even though the chances of me being invited are ‘excellent’ according to the website, I will only be eligible for another 2 weeks due to my age. If I am not invited (again) in the next 2 weeks then my chance is gone.

I am very surprised that I had to go back into the pool again, I had already been invited; even though my initial work permit was refused I expected to be able to reapply without having to go back into the lottery of the pool.

Can’t anything be done to allow me to reapply for the work permit using my original invite?

I am very confused and disappointed

Thankyou all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey all,

I received an invite to apply for a work permit through the IEC in July. I accepted and everything was going great, except I missed the deadline for submission of my biometrics. I had to travel to submit the biometrics and I couldn’t do so for personal reasons.

As a result my application was refused and now it seems like I have to start all over again - I’m back in the IEC pool for my country (Australia) and even though the chances of me being invited are ‘excellent’ according to the website, I will only be eligible for another 2 weeks due to my age. If I am not invited (again) in the next 2 weeks then my chance is gone.

I am very surprised that I had to go back into the pool again, I had already been invited; even though my initial work permit was refused I expected to be able to reapply without having to go back into the lottery of the pool.

Can’t anything be done to allow me to reapply for the work permit using my original invite?

I am very confused and disappointed

Thankyou all.
No, you can't use your original invite. The refusal puts you back to the same place as everyone else, in the pool waiting for an invite.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your quick reply.

So I assume there is nothing that can be done?
The only option available is to re-enter the pool and hope you are chosen again before you age out.

Good luck.