+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC work permit - change of marital status from single to married necessary?

quesmo

Oct 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if I should update my marital status from single to married.

I hold an International Experience Canada (IEC) visa with a work permit, where in any case my spouse is not allowed to enter with me. She will have to apply by herself for a visa.
Thus I think, that this status is not relevant and does not affect my eligibility.

I got the visa in August 2019 and got married by the end of September 2019. I will enter Canada in January 2020 the earliest.
Could someone please give me some advice?

Only information on the official website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1149&top=25
"I already submitted my International Experience Canada (IEC) profile. Can I update it?
No, you cannot update your profile after you have submitted it. If your situation has changed and this affects your eligibility, you should withdraw your profile and submit a new one. This will not affect your chances of being invited to apply again if you submit your new profile before the next round of invitations for your country of citizenship."

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if I should update my marital status from single to married.

I hold an International Experience Canada (IEC) visa with a work permit, where in any case my spouse is not allowed to enter with me. She will have to apply by herself for a visa.
Thus I think, that this status is not relevant and does not affect my eligibility.

I got the visa in August 2019 and got married by the end of September 2019. I will enter Canada in January 2020 the earliest.
Could someone please give me some advice?

Only information on the official website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1149&top=25
"I already submitted my International Experience Canada (IEC) profile. Can I update it?
No, you cannot update your profile after you have submitted it. If your situation has changed and this affects your eligibility, you should withdraw your profile and submit a new one. This will not affect your chances of being invited to apply again if you submit your new profile before the next round of invitations for your country of citizenship."

Thanks in advance!
You don't need to update about your marriage.