+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Work Permit Application Help

noxee

Jul 21, 2016
Hi All,

I'm an Australian currently working in Canada and I've applied for the IEC program again under the working holiday category. I've been invited to apply for a work permit and I have an issue with the Intended Work in Canada section.

When I submitted my IEC profile I selected that I have a valid offer of employment as I'm currently employed by a Canada employer and my employment duration is indefinite. The problem I have is that I'm being asked to provide an employment ID number and whether my employer has paid a compliance fee. Because my current employer previously hired me when I had my working holiday permit (I believe it's an open work visa) they never had to go through the processes of doing an LMIA or going through the employment portal.

The IEC website says that I can enter "A9999999" for the employment ID and put "Not Applicable - Working Holiday" for the employer address but given that I've said that I have a job offer I'm not sure that's going to be the right information to enter. I have thought about withdrawing my application and re-applying and saying I don't have a job offer but I'm not sure how that will affect my chances given that I've just been offered to apply for the work permit.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are applying under the regular working holiday visa stream (rather than the co-op or employment driven stream) - then you should say "no" for job offer. That will fix the application issue.

noxee

Jul 21, 2016
scylla said:
If you are applying under the regular working holiday visa stream (rather than the co-op or employment driven stream) - then you should say "no" for job offer. That will fix the application issue.
I am applying under the Working Holiday stream.

I'm unable to change my response to the question "Do you have a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada?" from "Yes" to "No".

I'm assuming I should cancel this profile and re-apply selection "No" for the signed letter of offer question?

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
No, you don't have to withdraw! Enter the information from IEC website (A9999999 and other) and then with your application upload a letter of explanation and tell them about the mistake. A lot of people have done this and everything was fine.

SaritahK

Feb 14, 2018
No, you don't have to withdraw! Enter the information from IEC website (A9999999 and other) and then with your application upload a letter of explanation and tell them about the mistake. A lot of people have done this and everything was fine.
Becik1007 - it wont let me enter "not applicable" in the address lines... and what would i put for my end date if my employment is indefinite?