+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC WHP visa expiring Aug. CEC Applicant. Bridging Open Work Visa Available?

rboughton

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2013
Xposted

I'm an Australian on my 2nd International Experience Canada Working Holiday Program visa. I applied in November for my Canadian Experience Class. I'm just waiting on my Medical Request which looks like it won't happen til July August. My work visa expires August so I am looking at applying for the new Bridging Open Work Permit. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

I'm not actually sure if this is available for my type of visa. Does anyone know if it is?

For my first IEC WHP visa, I applied to extend it through the CIC website but it came back denied. Apparently they don't handle our type of visas so I had to apply for an entirely new one through IEC.

But I now have an AOR and application number for CEC so do anyone know if I can just apply for this bridging work visa ?

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
rboughton said:
Xposted

I'm an Australian on my 2nd International Experience Canada Working Holiday Program visa. I applied in November for my Canadian Experience Class. I'm just waiting on my Medical Request which looks like it won't happen til July August. My work visa expires August so I am looking at applying for the new Bridging Open Work Permit. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

I'm not actually sure if this is available for my type of visa. Does anyone know if it is?

For my first IEC WHP visa, I applied to extend it through the CIC website but it came back denied. Apparently they don't handle our type of visas so I had to apply for an entirely new one through IEC.

But I now have an AOR and application number for CEC so do anyone know if I can just apply for this bridging work visa ?
Do you have a valid work permit? If you read the eligibility criteria,
To be eligible for a bridging open WP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP

It only mentions about the work permit. Type of visa doesn't matter.
Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp carefully. It only says about the work permit.

You should be able to get one if you have a valid WP.

Good luck...!

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I'm IEC as well. Nowhere does it say that because we are in this category that you dont qualify. And I dont see why you wouldnt. Just make sure to include an explanation letter stating that you are applying for a BOWP under OB485, and attach your AOR to that letter. As long as all other eligibility criteria are fulfilled, you should be good to go.

- Fill out forms
- Include explanation letter (BOWP - OB 485)
- Attach AOR

Best of luck.. :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC2013 said:
I'm IEC as well. Nowhere does it say that because we are in this category that you dont qualify. And I dont see why you wouldnt. Just make sure to include an explanation letter stating that you are applying for a BOWP under OB485, and attach your AOR to that letter. As long as all other eligibility criteria are fulfilled, you should be good to go.

- Fill out forms
- Include explanation letter (BOWP - OB 485)
- Attach AOR

Best of luck.. :)
Exactly. IEC is eligible - all work permits as eligible, so long as you meet the criteria situation.

capeire

May 10, 2013
Hi, im just wondering.. If you are on the Bridging visa, can you exit canada while on it and return again?

mssandhu

Dec 13, 2014
Hi. Did any of you with a IEC visa get their BOWP (visa extension) approved? While your CEC application was being processed.
Thanks