Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
I have read that once you get approval from MPNP that it is possible to get some kind of work permit. I am just wondering if this works with people here on IEC work permit. The wording I always find says that you can apply for a work permit with your LOA if you receive a job offer after you are approved. What if a person is already working when they have been approved? The wording is always that the letter will "extend" the current work permit. However I know that IEC work permits can not be extended. Is this just the way they have worded it and would a person on a EIC work permit be able to get a work permit (even if closed) with the letter from MPNP and a letter of employment from their employer?

I am also aware that once a person gets to a certain point in their PR application they can apply for a type of open work permit. However from what I understand it could be months before getting to this point?

Also if a person has to quit a job before getting PR due to not having a valid work permit but they were approved by MPNP while working in Manitoba (therefor strengthening their application) can their nomination be reversed because they are no longer in the same circumstances they were when they were approved?

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
you can apply for work permit(Wp) extension, get a support letter from PNP office and apply for Wp extension and mention work permit with same employer.

Technically it will be a new work permit (not extension to IEC), I was on Post graduate work permit(PGWP) before PNP nomination and extended mine (got closed WP) even though my PGWP was not extendable. :) when they say its not extendable measn you can't get another IEC or post-grad WP, you will get closed permit or Open WP (if you applied CIC and got file no.)

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
This helps a lot. I am actually asking for my boyfriend who is on IEC here in Manitoba. I just seem to be the one who does most of the investigating in our relationship :). I like to be prepared for the next step. We still aren't sure if he has been approved but his status on line just changed to "assessment complete" yesterday. So from what we understand he should get a letter in the next week stating if he has been approved or not. We are pretty confident that he will be approved since he had a score of 80 and he is already working. I know they look for people who have the best chance of settling in Manitoba and since he is basically already settled (has and apartment, a job (working there for over 6 months at time of application), a bachelor degree related to his job, and friends who have lived in Manitoba all their life (he used me as a MB supporter), enough settlement funds)we can't see why he wouldn't be approved. Now we just want to find a way for him to not have to quit his job.

Also if he can get time off from his job we would like to go visit his family back in his country. It will be easier for him to leave Canada and then return without so many questions if he has a valid WP and a job still.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
Do you know how and where my boyfriend would get this new work permit. Does he have to apply on-line or can he go to Service Canada Office with a letter from his employer and something from the MPNP.

Also I have read that he can use his LOA to get the WP but he will have to send the LOA in with his application to CIC so he won't have it anymore. Is this why some people mention getting a supporting letter from the MPNP? His current work visa is still good for another 5 months so he wasn't planning to apply for a new WP until the IEC is almost expired. Do you know long will it take for him to get the new WP with the MPNP nomination including time to get the letter from MPNP?

If he waits until he gets the CIC file number do you know what the procedure is for that WP and how long it will take?

Can he get the one from the MPNP that will be close and then change to an open one later with the CIC number. An open one would be better as it would allow him apply for and take a better job if one should come up and I believe the close one from MPNP is only good for one year?

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
Does anyone know if he would have to put in an Application to change conditions? And if he does how long does it take?

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
vicky86 said:
you can apply for work permit(Wp) extension, get a support letter from PNP office and apply for Wp extension and mention work permit with same employer.

Technically it will be a new work permit (not extension to IEC), I was on Post graduate work permit(PGWP) before PNP nomination and extended mine (got closed WP) even though my PGWP was not extendable. :) when they say its not extendable measn you can't get another IEC or post-grad WP, you will get closed permit or Open WP (if you applied CIC and got file no.)

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

I have looked all over the CIC site and can't find out how and where he applies for this WP. There seems to be information on applying once you have the file number from CIC but I can't find out how to apply with just a nomination from PNP? How and where did you get your WP? Do you have any links you can provide?

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
lol, I think I just found it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Seems like you have to answer a bunch of questions to get you where it tells you what you need and how to apply.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
Mbgirlfriend said:
lol, I think I just found it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Seems like you have to answer a bunch of questions to get you where it tells you what you need and how to apply.
Well this is the on line way. But someone on another forum just said you can also take your PNP nomination letter and go to the border to have the WP issued? Has anyone done it this way before?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Mbgirlfriend said:
Well this is the on line way. But someone on another forum just said you can also take your PNP nomination letter and go to the border to have the WP issued? Has anyone done it this way before?
That is applicable for people from visa-exempt countries!

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
Great to know. My boyfriend is from England and has his mpnp approval so if he gets a letter of employment from his employer we can just flag pole and have it within a few hours. So it's just a matter of either doing an on line application that can sometimes be a pain to complete and will take a few weeks to get the WP or planing a road trip that will take 5 hours or so there and back in Manitoba winter driving conditions.

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
Mbgirlfriend said:
Great to know. My boyfriend is from England and has his mpnp approval so if he gets a letter of employment from his employer we can just flag pole and have it within a few hours. So it's just a matter of either doing an on line application that can sometimes be a pain to complete and will take a few weeks to get the WP or planing a road trip that will take 5 hours or so there and back in Manitoba winter driving conditions.
you can get new one by flagpole. ensure he has valid Work permit before leaving Canada for flagpole.

Good Luck.

aniarmhi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Mbgirlfriend said:
I know we had been discussing something similar in another thread, but as this situation is identical to my own, I felt it relevant to resurrect this thread.

Mbgirlfriend - was what you described here exactly what you did? Is there any chance you could outline the process? I just find myself getting more antsy as every day passes, and would love to have some clarity on what my options actually are. You seem far better informed than any of the federal government's websites...!

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
aniarmhi said:
I know we had been discussing something similar in another thread, but as this situation is identical to my own, I felt it relevant to resurrect this thread.

Mbgirlfriend - was what you described here exactly what you did? Is there any chance you could outline the process? I just find myself getting more antsy as every day passes, and would love to have some clarity on what my options actually are. You seem far better informed than any of the federal government's websites...!
This is basically what we did but, there wad a few other steps an there have been changes since he did his that addwd even more steps.

First thing is will your employer be willing to pay $230 to keep you because in order to get a closed WP the employer has to fill out a formon line and pay a fee. You can not pay this fee, it must be your employer.

If your employer will pay it then theu will have to fill out forms on line as well as register you with employment stadards.

After you are registered with employment stadards you need to request a support letter from MPNP.

Then you take the prof of payment of the $230 fee from you employer, writen job offer! the MPNP nomination and letter of supportto the border and you pay another fee and they issue you the WP right there.

If your employer won't pay the fee then you will need to wait for your AOR. We haven't been through that process yet but i think you can go to the border for that one too. I think you may need a letter from MPNP stating you are not restricted to only working at your current job. At the border you would bring your AOR, letter from MPNP, MONP nomination letter and writen job offer and again pay a fee and they would issue BOWO right there.

The good thing about Flagpoling is that you get the WP right there, there is no waiting for it to be processed. Not waiting is important when on IEC since there is no implied status.

Now that my bf has a closed WP and not a EIC he can get implied status for his next WP so he may wait until the last minute to apply on line.

I am sure this is clear ad mud......just do as much reading as you can and soon you will know exactly what you need.

aniarmhi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Mbgirlfriend said:
This is basically what we did but, there wad a few other steps an there have been changes since he did his that addwd even more steps.

First thing is will your employer be willing to pay $230 to keep you because in order to get a closed WP the employer has to fill out a formon line and pay a fee. You can not pay this fee, it must be your employer.

If your employer will pay it then theu will have to fill out forms on line as well as register you with employment stadards.

After you are registered with employment stadards you need to request a support letter from MPNP.

Then you take the prof of payment of the $230 fee from you employer, writen job offer! the MPNP nomination and letter of supportto the border and you pay another fee and they issue you the WP right there.

If your employer won't pay the fee then you will need to wait for your AOR. We haven't been through that process yet but i think you can go to the border for that one too. I think you may need a letter from MPNP stating you are not restricted to only working at your current job. At the border you would bring your AOR, letter from MPNP, MONP nomination letter and writen job offer and again pay a fee and they would issue BOWO right there.

The good thing about Flagpoling is that you get the WP right there, there is no waiting for it to be processed. Not waiting is important when on IEC since there is no implied status.

Now that my bf has a closed WP and not a EIC he can get implied status for his next WP so he may wait until the last minute to apply on line.

I am sure this is clear ad mud......just do as much reading as you can and soon you will know exactly what you need.
That's pretty damned comprehensive. Thank you very very much. I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to pay the fee - so if my AOR doesn't arrive on schedule next week, then that's likely the avenue I'll have to pursue.

Cheers again!