+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Second rounds of ITA

sophiak

Nov 11, 2018
Hello all,

I wasn't invited in the initial round of invitations for my country.

Does anyone know when the subsequent invites come approximately? Do they send invites in the next weeks for instance, or is it months later? (As my tourist visa will expire soon)

Thank you in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assuming then you are in Canada I would suggest that as soon as you reach the 30 day mark before your stay expires that you apply to extend your stay as a visitor. Once you apply you would be on implied status until a decision is made so that will be extra time.

No way to predict when invites will be sent as generally will depend on which country you are from, the quota and the invites issued to date. Could be every couple of weeks , could be every month.

sophiak

Nov 11, 2018
Assuming then you are in Canada I would suggest that as soon as you reach the 30 day mark before your stay expires that you apply to extend your stay as a visitor. Once you apply you would be on implied status until a decision is made so that will be extra time.

No way to predict when invites will be sent as generally will depend on which country you are from, the quota and the invites issued to date. Could be every couple of weeks , could be every month.
Thank you very much for your reply!

sophiak

Nov 11, 2018
Out of interest which country are you from ?
Greece, Initial ITA's started on the 11th. Unfortunately (for me I guess) this year saw an increase in the number applicants, as such the odds kinda diminished.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The quota 180 and current pool 291 seems odds are low but you never know how many people will either drop their application , not meet the deadlines and simply be rejected so just have to hold out and hope for the best. As said in first instance ensure of course you that you stay legal by extending stay as a visitor when time comes, just depends how long you can hold out I guess. Good luck.

sophiak

Nov 11, 2018
The quota 180 and current pool 291 seems odds are low but you never know how many people will either drop their application , not meet the deadlines and simply be rejected so just have to hold out and hope for the best. As said in first instance ensure of course you that you stay legal by extending stay as a visitor when time comes, just depends how long you can hold out I guess. Good luck.
Yes, I might need to extend my stay and hope for the best, thank you again for your constructive input.