+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC second application

Ryankm

Aug 10, 2019
I applied and was granted an IEC permit in Nov 2017, but I never travelled to Canada and therefore never activated the permit due to taking up a job opportunity in the UK. I'm not sure where I fall in terms of eligibility to reapply.
I have however reapplied regardless and have been given an IEC invitation to apply letter this week. I wanted to query if anybody know of this is a application is valid or is it a waste of time. I never used my already granted permit back in 2017 but because of this I'm.not sure if im "blacklisted". I can’t seem to find any information on this, and CIC did not answer my query.
I am an Irish Citizen and still within the age bracket for this. None of my conditions have changed as per my original application. Thanks in advance for any help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I applied and was granted an IEC permit in Nov 2017, but I never travelled to Canada and therefore never activated the permit due to taking up a job opportunity in the UK. I'm not sure where I fall in terms of eligibility to reapply.
I have however reapplied regardless and have been given an IEC invitation to apply letter this week. I wanted to query if anybody know of this is a application is valid or is it a waste of time. I never used my already granted permit back in 2017 but because of this I'm.not sure if im "blacklisted". I can’t seem to find any information on this, and CIC did not answer my query.
I am an Irish Citizen and still within the age bracket for this. None of my conditions have changed as per my original application. Thanks in advance for any help.
You weren't blacklisted but the permit you were granted in 2017 counted as your one participation allowed, so you don't qualify.