+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC refused

Miguelovsky

Jul 3, 2019
Hello guys,

I’ve been accepted in the IEC a few months ago but I got denied because I wasn’t living in my country. I’m from Spain and I’m living in the UK for almost 4 years. I don’t know how is this possible, living in another country legally and then they just denied my aplication and I’m not going to have my money back. So, I’ve been accepted for second time but I don’t now what can I do, I have 10 days to fill up the forms and send it again. My question is, should I move back to Spain to fill up the forms? Or simply lie? So I can get the visa. What about the biometrics? I’ve done it in UK, need to do it in Spain again? Please help

Thanks,

Miguel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

I’ve been accepted in the IEC a few months ago but I got denied because I wasn’t living in my country. I’m from Spain and I’m living in the UK for almost 4 years. I don’t know how is this possible, living in another country legally and then they just denied my aplication and I’m not going to have my money back. So, I’ve been accepted for second time but I don’t now what can I do, I have 10 days to fill up the forms and send it again. My question is, should I move back to Spain to fill up the forms? Or simply lie? So I can get the visa. What about the biometrics? I’ve done it in UK, need to do it in Spain again? Please help

Thanks,

Miguel
Lying will get you banned. If you knew you needed to live in Spain why did you apply again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,

Thanks,

Miguel
You were correctly denied since there is a requirement that you be living in Spain and have a permanent address there to qualify. Application fees aren't returned when an application is refused.

There is no point reapplying now. You still do not qualify since you live in the UK.

As said above, lying is a bad idea since this is a really easy way to end up with not only another refusal but also a five year misrepresentation ban from Canada.

To meet the requirements, you want to return to Spain and actually reside there for six months plus before applying again. So if you return to Spain now, you'll be good for applying for the 2020 IEC program.