+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC refusal?

Feb 7, 2018
Hi all,

I've been refused an IEC visa due to my police cert even though I've no convictions.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
None of us are going to be able to answer given the limited information you've provided. You'll need to include full details about what you submitted and the specific refusal reason(s).

Feb 7, 2018
None of us are going to be able to answer given the limited information you've provided. You'll need to include full details about what you submitted and the specific refusal reason(s).
I initially uploaded an email thread in a word document as the police cert didn't come on time but I had applied for it, they replied with a letter giving a required date for the police cert to be uploaded by, when the police cert arrived I just scanned the original and uploaded it. They replied with a letter saying "I am refusing your application on the following grounds: a police certificate from Ireland", even though I've no convictions?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
I initially uploaded an email thread in a word document as the police cert didn't come on time but I had applied for it, they replied with a letter giving a required date for the police cert to be uploaded by, when the police cert arrived I just scanned the original and uploaded it. They replied with a letter saying "I am refusing your application on the following grounds: a police certificate from Ireland", even though I've no convictions?
Did you require police certificates from anywhere other than Ireland, and did you supply those? (since you're posting this in the 'moving to Canada from the USA' subforum).

If you uploaded all the required documents, did you upload them, or upload and submit them? (in myCIC, there'll be a status mark beside them, reading something like 'uploaded and submitted', or 'uploaded not yet submitted')

Feb 7, 2018
Did you require police certificates from anywhere other than Ireland, and did you supply those? (since you're posting this in the 'moving to Canada from the USA' subforum).

If you uploaded all the required documents, did you upload them, or upload and submit them? (in myCIC, there'll be a status mark beside them, reading something like 'uploaded and submitted', or 'uploaded not yet submitted')
Thanks for your reply.

No, they just requested a police cert from Ireland. I haven't been in another country for more than 10 weeks or so anyways. Honestly, I can't remember exactly but it's possible I didn't, in my new application my forms say "uploaded not submitted" but there's no option to "submit" them, do you know how to submit them?. It just says "next" at the bottom of the page and that brings me to the page to sign off.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submit means to upload.
1. For the police certificate from Ireland. Did you check if you uploaded correct police certificate (if ever there are several types) and if it included all period of stay since you were 18 (if such thing is mentioned).
2. As for PCC from other countries - they do require PCC from every country where you stayed cumulatively 6 months or more (it could have been several shorter visits that adds up to 6 months stay). All that since you turned 18.

And submit is equal to upload.

Feb 7, 2018
Submit means to upload.
1. For the police certificate from Ireland. Did you check if you uploaded correct police certificate (if ever there are several types) and if it included all period of stay since you were 18 (if such thing is mentioned).
2. As for PCC from other countries - they do require PCC from every country where you stayed cumulatively 6 months or more (it could have been several shorter visits that adds up to 6 months stay). All that since you turned 18.

And submit is equal to upload.
Yes, It's definitely correct and I haven't stayed in any country consecutively or cumulatively longer than 10 weeks other than my country of residence.
Are you sure upload is equal to submit? I definitely uploaded them last time. All seems very confusing.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double check if the document that you have uploaded was also successfully submitted (the data were transferred as an update of your application). If there are no conviction and you are sure about correct documents you can still appeal to the refusal.

I think once I have seen thread were they could not open PDF file because it was compiled with a different program so in standard PDF viewer one could only see the first page.
That person was able to reopen his application in that case as he was able to prove that issue.
Good luck

Reactions: scylla

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

No, they just requested a police cert from Ireland. I haven't been in another country for more than 10 weeks or so anyways. Honestly, I can't remember exactly but it's possible I didn't, in my new application my forms say "uploaded not submitted" but there's no option to "submit" them, do you know how to submit them?. It just says "next" at the bottom of the page and that brings me to the page to sign off.
If it says 'uploaded not submitted', then that's the problem, they never got the document, so you were refused for not supplying it.

I'm afraid I don't know how to submit that, but have seen people with the exact same problem (and being refused for it) in facebook groups - there are a few big ones (eg IEC ask us anything, IEC work Canada) where a lot of people will have gone through the exact same issue and be able to tell you how they got the submission done.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is incorrect.

This is literally why they have the status message 'uploaded not submitted'. The two are different.
My bad,
I was writing it same time as you were. I assumed that he meant that he has sent it electronically (as he used uploaded in the sentence before where he was explaining the longer delivery for his PCC).

Reactions: spousalsponsee
Feb 7, 2018
Double check if the document that you have uploaded was also successfully submitted (the data were transferred as an update of your application). If there are no conviction and you are sure about correct documents you can still appeal to the refusal.

I think once I have seen thread were they could not open PDF file because it was compiled with a different program so in standard PDF viewer one could only see the first page.
That person was able to reopen his application in that case as he was able to prove that issue.
Good luck
This is incorrect.

This is literally why they have the status message 'uploaded not submitted'. The two are different.
My bad,
I was writing it same time as you were. I assumed that he meant that he has sent it electronically (as he used uploaded in the sentence before where he was explaining the longer delivery for his PCC).

I am submitting it electronically, as in online.

Feb 7, 2018
This is incorrect.

So when it says "uploaded not submitted" beside all my forms, do I just continue to the next page and sign off electronically?

Just want to make sure I get things right this time.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So when it says "uploaded not submitted" beside all my forms, do I just continue to the next page and sign off electronically?

Just want to make sure I get things right this time.
Once you have files ready you shall go to the next page ( i think is next button) and then confirm with electronic signature that the data will be sent. and then it will be sent

AmeliaK

Jun 14, 2018
Hi all, does a completely new account need to be created if you are refused because of the police certificate being uploaded but not submitted?