+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC question important

lasoje13

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
I worked in canada for two years until May . Now I am in Calgary and will apply for IEC and if I get it will I need to submit a canadian police check ? Please it is important as I am expecting to IEC to open this month, thanks

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
I'm not really sure what your question is here?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mbgirlfriend said:
I'm not really sure what your question is here?
I think it's pretty clear.

OP is asking of a Canadian PCC is required to apply for IEC. The answer is no.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
If you want to know how to get one then you can usually get one by going to a police department or sometimes by filling out an application on line. You won't need it the day IEC opens. I think you will have about a month. My boyfriend has done IEC two years in a row. Once from his home county and once from within Canada.

Basically the first part of the IEC process is just setting up an account and then getting a number that basically gives you a chance to apply. They only give out a certain amount of these numbers every year. Make sure you are at your computer that day because you will have about an hour to set up an account and apply for one of these numbers before they are all gone. After you have the number you have about a month to send in the actual application for the visa. So do start on getting your documents together now but you shouldn't need to have them ready when the EIC first opens. The first step in getting the number is more just to see if you meet the criteria like asking your age and a few other questions. I think they ask about previous travel as well so make sure you have and places and dates of travel ready

Just make sure you answer all the questions correctly and get the first step to see if you are eligible done as fast as possible. As I said the first part of the process is only to see if you meet the criteria and to basically give you a chance to apply and they only give out a limited number of these chances to apply.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
scylla said:
I think it's pretty clear.

OP is asking of a Canadian PCC is required to apply for IEC. The answer is no.
Actually, if he has been living in Canada for the past 2 years he will need a criminal record check from Canada.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
for some reason I can't post a link to the site to go to about getting a criminal record check from outside Canada but look up RCMP Criminal Record Check and you should get to the site.

My boyfriend has done the EIC twice and there will be a point where they will ask for a criminal record check from any country you have been in for more than 6 months over the past 2 years (it may even be any country you have been in over the past 5 years, I can't remember the exact amount of years)

So if you lived in Canada for 2 years up until this past May you will need a Criminal Record Check from Canada.

Think about it logically they want to make sure they aren't letting anyone who could be a danger to Canada in and the only way they can be sure of that is to ask for record checks from anyplace you have stayed in for any period of time.

As I said my boyfriend has done EIC twice and the second time because he had spent time in Canada on his first one he had to do a Canadian Criminal Record check.

lasoje13

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Oh no thats not good . What is the processing time and what exactly police check i need ? And what is the price ? Thank you

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
First of all what country are you from as there are some different rules for each country? Although the criminal record checks will be standard?

Also if I am correct you are still in Canada but have not been working since May right?

If you are in Calgary

Obtaining a Police information check

Visit a Calgary Police Service location and remember to bring:

Two valid pieces of government issued identification

Photo identification can be one of the following:
Driver’s Licence
Identification Card from a Motor Vehicle Registry
Passport
Citizenship card
Permanent Residence card
Firearms License
National Defense card
Nexus card
Aboriginal Status card
Aviation Document Booklet

Non-photo identification can be one of the following:

Social Insurance Card
Provincial Healthcare Card
Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Immigration papers.

Payment for the Police Information Check.
Standard processing time will be approximately 2-3 weeks; however, this may vary if a follow-up is required and/or an individual has to attend our Westwinds office.

Looks like Calgary take about 3 weeks and costs between $30-$45.

If you are outside the country it will take 6 months to get.

You should have enough time if you go do it today or tomorrow and are in Calgary. As I said you won't be asked for the Criminal Record Checks in the first step of the IEC. So you will have a little more time to get the documents together.

You will also need a Criminal Record check from your County (that took longer for my boyfriend to get than the one from Canada). All criminal record checks have to be recent (I can't remember if it is 3 or 6 months old) So if you don't have a recent one from your home country you will need to get another one even if you haven't been there for a few years.