+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Program - Deemed Rehabilitation

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
I have a conviction and I want to apply for IEC Program of Canada. I believe I had fulfilled all the requirements for the Deemed Rehabilitation. I had not applied for the Rehabilitation to the Canadian embassy. Will the IRCC approve the IEC Program without the approval of Rehabilitation?

I am now applying for Canada ETA and the IRCC had not stated whether I had been deemed rehabilitated or not!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a conviction and I want to apply for IEC Program of Canada. I believe I had fulfilled all the requirements for the Deemed Rehabilitation. I had not applied for the Rehabilitation to the Canadian embassy. Will the IRCC approve the IEC Program without the approval of Rehabilitation?

I am now applying for Canada ETA and the IRCC had not stated whether I had been deemed rehabilitated or not!!!
If you meet rehabilitation requirements, it is possible. You say you ”believe“ you are deemed rehabilitated so then you would not need approval. You will need police certificates for the countries you have lived in for more than 6 months since age 18. What country are you from and when did complete conviction?

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
If you meet rehabilitation requirements, it is possible. You say you ”believe“ you are deemed rehabilitated so then you would not need approval. You will need police certificates for the countries you have lived in for more than 6 months since age 18. What country are you from and when did complete conviction?
I had applied for ETA. However, the IRCC still doesn't state whether I had been deemed rehabilitated or not!!! I can't apply for IEC until the IRCC states that I had been deemed rehabilitated!! Have you heard any persons who are deemed rehabilitated have IEC visa approved by the IRCC?

I am from Hong Kong and I completed the sentence in 2012.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had applied for ETA. However, the IRCC still doesn't state whether I had been deemed rehabilitated or not!!! I can't apply for IEC until the IRCC states that I had been deemed rehabilitated!! Have you heard any persons who are deemed rehabilitated have IEC visa approved by the IRCC?

I am from Hong Kong and I completed the sentence in 2012.
But aren’t you deemed rehabilitated if it is 10 years past conviction? So you live in Hong Kong now & are under 30. If you meet IEC requirements then it is possible. IEC visa is based on quotas so you may not get invited.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But aren’t you deemed rehabilitated if it is 10 years past conviction?
Depends on what the conviction was, how that equates to Canadian law and the maximum prison term possible for that conviction in Canada.

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
But aren’t you deemed rehabilitated if it is 10 years past conviction? So you live in Hong Kong now & are under 30. If you meet IEC requirements then it is possible. IEC visa is based on quotas so you may not get invited.
I think I am deemed rehabilitated already!! Yes, I live in Hong Kong now and I am over 30.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have Portuguese Passport and IEC is open to a person aged 18-35.
Got it. Makes sense.

I don't think any of us here can advise you on the best course of action without knowing the exact details of your conviction.

If you are 100% sure that you are deemed rehabilitated based on the nature of your conviction, then it makes sense to apply for the IEC directly. Or, I guess, even if you aren't sure, you can try and see what happens.

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
Got it. Makes sense.

I don't think any of us here can advise you on the best course of action without knowing the exact details of your conviction.

If you are 100% sure that you are deemed rehabilitated based on the nature of your conviction, then it makes sense to apply for the IEC directly. Or, I guess, even if you aren't sure, you can try and see what happens.
For privacy reason, I will not explain the details of conviction to you in this post. If you want to know, please send a private message to me.

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
Got it. Makes sense.

Please listen to my question carefully.

My question is: Are any persons eligible to apply for IEC if they are deemed rehabilitated? That means, there is no need to apply for Rehabilitation in order to apply for IEC!!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please listen to my question carefully.

My question is: Are any persons eligible to apply for IEC if they are deemed rehabilitated? That means, there is no need to apply for Rehabilitation in order to apply for IEC!!!!
You are eligible to apply. It says so right in the eligiblity requirements. I have stated so twice in my above posts that it is possible to apply.

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
You are eligible to apply. It says so right in the eligiblity requirements. I have stated so twice in my above posts that it is possible to apply.
Can you provide evidence to support what you say? Do you have a government letter stating that a person has an IEC visa approved because he/she is deemed rehabilitated?

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
One more question. VERY IMPORTANT!!

Can I send a Case Specific Enquiry and ask whether I am deemed rehabilitated? My ETA application is still processed and I am not sure about that.

If I am deemed rehabilitated, I will send another Case Specific Enquiry and ask the IRCC whether I can apply for IEC Program directly without the approval of the Criminal Rehabilitation.