+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC from within Canada

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
even if you stayed here, you would be staying legally, there's nothing wrong with that! why do they make such a big fuss over people that are honest?
thank you, i really need it. i've been in a very bad situation for almost a year now, and this is my last chance.
my husband's not applying for any kind of work, he'll be here on a visitor visa. as soon as i get the work permit he'll apply for a student visa. hopefully everything will be fine and i'll get approval and the work permit in the border.
i just finished my application online!!! :D
i logged in again and when i click on view checklist there are four columns, status (provided), document name(the name of each separate document), options(blank) and required by(03 April 2013). i don't know what the last means. what do they mean required by April 3rd 2013? i have submitted the documents electronically. will they be asking me to provide them the original documents as well?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
canadiara said:
even if you stayed here, you would be staying legally, there's nothing wrong with that! why do they make such a big fuss over people that are honest?
thank you, i really need it. i've been in a very bad situation for almost a year now, and this is my last chance.
my husband's not applying for any kind of work, he'll be here on a visitor visa. as soon as i get the work permit he'll apply for a student visa. hopefully everything will be fine and i'll get approval and the work permit in the border.
i just finished my application online!!! :D
i logged in again and when i click on view checklist there are four columns, status (provided), document name(the name of each separate document), options(blank) and required by(03 April 2013). i don't know what the last means. what do they mean required by April 3rd 2013? i have submitted the documents electronically. will they be asking me to provide them the original documents as well?
'Required by' is the day they need the document named in that column. If all documents show up as 'Provided' your golden.
Nothing to worry about. This usually applies for additional documents requested later on by CIC.

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
thank you, toby. i haven't received an email yet, but then again i might be too anxious, since i submitted the application not even an hour ago.
hope you get your approval soon, i've read you've been agonizing about it, i can now completely sympathize with you.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I got my submission confirmation about 2-3 hours after submitting my application.
So by now, you should have the confirmation in your MyCIC messages inbox.

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
that's right, i got my confirmation this morning. ;D i hope all goes well, because my husband will be with me and he's on a tourist visa.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
canadiara said:
that's right, i got my confirmation this morning. ;D i hope all goes well, because my husband will be with me and he's on a tourist visa.
I got my confirmation on Feb 11th. Still waiting...

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
iam_toby said:
I got my confirmation on Feb 11th. Still waiting...
i know waiting is the toughest, but in the iec program it says that it might take up to 8 weeks. you're on your own, right? and this is also your second time applying, and you have a job offer. i'm really anxious about all this, because if it's taking you so long, i can't even imagine what might happen in my case. :'(

Resa

Jul 14, 2014
Thank you guys, this is exactly my problem as well - Toby, I jus PMed you, but I guess you did answer here...It's just that it says something else in another forum, thats what confused me...

Although this thread is quite old, I hope everything worked out for everyone?!

I will have to go with Germany on IMM1295 Question 9 "Country whre applying" I guess...although I am in canada.