+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Foreign Young Professional sponsors?

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
I'm trying to find pathways to boost my EE score. The best option I'm hoping for at this point is to gain at least 1 year of work experience in Canada... which obviously requires a temporary work permit. IEC sounds suitable, but I haven't been successful in my research for IEC sponsors so far. The recognized organizations at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/ros.asp do not seem to offer work experience opportunities, only internships, holiday travel, or volunteer offers and are mostly targeting students. I'm not a student any more, and to my knowledge internship experience in Canada does not count as work experience for EE, which makes none of the referred recognized organizations reliable for my end goal.

IEC Young Professionals program does not require a LMIA, which makes its work permit the only "attainable" option, or maybe that's just how it sounds :) does anybody know of IEC young professionals sponsors in Canada? my professional field is IT

A few details about my specific case:
- I'm 30 years old
- I have 2 higher education degrees (each of 3 years)/
- I'm an IT professional
- my IELTS overall band is 7
- I'm from and reside in Tunisia
- if relevant, I have 18 months work experience in the US

Any help is appreciated!

addonis1990

Jun 15, 2016
Tunisians are not allowed to apply for that specific program unless they do it through a recognized organization (AIESEC for instance). As far as I know, even an internship is considered a work experience. I have friends who got long internships in Canada and they are applying for the PR as soon as they reach 12 months of work there.

Also, the age limit is 30 which might make it a little bit difficult for you to get approved. I would suggest you go through the LMIA process if you have already a job offer and the company is willing to sponsor you.

ALTN

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Thanks for the reply! I do not have a job sponsor and in my field IT a LMIA is almost impossible. As you said 30 is the age limit, so I'll be crossing fingers while I try my chance with AIESEC.