+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC expires only a month away from qualifying for PCPNP Tech

Shaneduffy

Feb 13, 2024
So I current work as a software tester and would qualify for the BCPNP tech program but unfortunately I only started working in this field from july 2022 and it has a requirement of 2 years experience in the given NOC category. I however don't have any more experience in this NOC outside of canada and don't have anything higher than a High school degree. My IEC visa expires in May and due to low points on basic express entry (340) all I need to do is be able to extend my ability to work within canada another 2 months in order to apply for the BCPNP in order to be able to get PR and am wondering if anyone can help with my options

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I current work as a software tester and would qualify for the BCPNP tech program but unfortunately I only started working in this field from july 2022 and it has a requirement of 2 years experience in the given NOC category. I however don't have any more experience in this NOC outside of canada and don't have anything higher than a High school degree. My IEC visa expires in May and due to low points on basic express entry (340) all I need to do is be able to extend my ability to work within canada another 2 months in order to apply for the BCPNP in order to be able to get PR and am wondering if anyone can help with my options
Are you eligible for another IEC? If wanting to be eligible for BC PNP then your employer would be offering a job. Would employer want to file for a LMIA? The issue is that they have to prove that no Canadian/PR has the experience/education to do the job. Have you thought about a degree or learning French.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from Ireland and they don't have a wait period, is it better to go for a bridging visa or a YP
What is a bridging visa? If you mean BOWP that is not an option for you. It is only an option if you have nomination, applied for PR and have AOR. Assume employer is supporting your BC PNP so would support YP. Do you have a degree. That may be an issue.

The Young Professionals category is designed for Irish citizens, particularly post-secondary graduates, who wish to further their careers by gaining professional work experience in Canada. Participants must have a signed letter of offer or contract of employment (up to 24 months) before submitting a profile to the pool.

What is your NOC? Does NOC require post secondary?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/iec.html#s04

Shaneduffy

Feb 13, 2024
My Noc is category 2 and I was under the impression I could apply express entry and then apply for the BOWP and then within the Month later apply for BCPNP and for the YP I don't have any post high school education but I do have just under 2 years experience in the NOC 2 category and would have a job offer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My Noc is category 2 and I was under the impression I could apply express entry and then apply for the BOWP and then within the Month later apply for BCPNP and for the YP I don't have any post high school education but I do have a just under 2 years experience in the NOC 2 category and would have a job offer
Not how it works. What BC PNP program are you eligible for? Is it even an EE program? For PNP programs, you are nominated by the province to then apply for PR through IRCC. Once IRCC sends you AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) you apply for BOWP. Most BC programs are not tied to EE so nothing to do with your EE profile.

For EE, you get a ITA with a high enough CRS score. A draw this week was over 500. Then you apply for PR. Don’t think you fully understand the process.

Shaneduffy

Feb 13, 2024
I don't understand the process hence the being here asking.
I would be eligible for BCPNP tech on July 11th. my 2 year IEC expires in May 15th
I was asking if I apply for Express entry and use the AOR to apply for a BOWP would I be then able to apply for the BCPNP tech when I am eligible for it a month and half later and withdraw my express entry profile and use a new 1 with the BCPNP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I would be eligible for BCPNP tech on July 11th. my 2 year IEC expires in May 15th
I was asking if I apply for Express entry and use the AOR to apply for a BOWP would I be then able to apply for the BCPNP tech when I am eligible for it a month and half later and withdraw my express entry profile and use a new 1 with the BCPNP
BC PNP Tech is not an EE related immigration program. Assume your employer is supporting your nomination and filling out the forms.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#SkilledWorker

For EE, you need a high enough score to get an ITA. You are not getting an ITA with your current score. You need it over 500. So BOWP is not an option. Having an EE profile doesn’t let you apply for a BOWP. If you get ITA there is no need to go through the BC PNP program.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
BC PNP Tech is not an EE related immigration program. Assume your employer is supporting your nomination and filling out the forms.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#SkilledWorker

For EE, you need a high enough score to get an ITA. You are not getting an ITA with your current score. You need it over 500. So BOWP is not an option. Having an EE profile doesn’t let you apply for a BOWP. If you get ITA there is no need to go through the BC PNP program.
Hi, let me ask you my question here if you can answer please, I am already in EE pool but my CRS is very low, am I eligible to create my profile for BC PNP? I am here in BC since 18 months on close work permit. Thanks

Shaneduffy

Feb 13, 2024
Yes my Employer is supporting my BCPNP but I am only eligible with 2 years work experience in the NOC which would be in july so my main goal is just be able to maintain statues until then

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to hire a licensed immigration consultant and read the rules of EE and BC PNP. We are volunteers. Applying and submitting a EE profile doesn’t allow you to get a BOWP unless you are invited with a high enough score. Your score is too low so BOWP is not an option. If your score was over 500 then it may be an option.

Your only option is BC PNP. EE is not an option unless you can increase your score by more than 100 points by learning French (As an example) or getting a degree/diploma. If invited through EE, then you would not need to go through a PNP as EE is much faster in processing.

FYI - processing through PNP will take more than a year. Is your PNP score high enough for a nomination? Check the draw scores and see. Once you are eligible then you need to wait for a nomination. Once you apply to be nominated, it will take several months to process. Then with nomination, you apply for PR through IRCC which will take another year or more.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am from Ireland and they don't have a wait period, is it better to go for a bridging visa or a YP
A second participation through YP is not allowed. Second participation through IEC would need to be co-op which you don't qualify for based on your profile.

You don't qualify for a BOWP without AOR. So that path isn't feasible.

Your employer needs to get an approved LMIA so that you can switch to a closed work permit.