+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iec dual citizenship participation

ryanm32

Jan 21, 2018
Hi all,
I Participated in the Iec working holiday visa under my Australian passport starting in october 2015, i came home in october 2017 last year before it expired.
I have now become a New Zealand citizen(as my mother was born there) and obtained a NZ passport, after reading through the CIC website i believe am eligible to participate again under my NZ passport for 23 months. I intend to try and find a job that will qualify me for the CEC express entry stream or Provincial nomination to gain PR in this time
I have a couple of questions as i am not sure what i will need to apply this time.
1. Will i need a police certificate from New Zealand for this application even though i have not lived there?
2. Would it be an idea to get the police certificate before i enter the pool as they can take up 20 days to receive. Do they require the police certificate after receiving the ita for the work permit?

Any info from people that have done a dual citizen participation or been refused would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance!

ryanm32

Jan 21, 2018
I also intend to enter Canada as a visitor first to enjoy the winter and then drive over the border and re enter Canada to activate my work permit so the starting date will be around march-april.
Would i need to show the border services when i initially enter canada a return ticket back to Australia or will my proof of funds and have a POE be enough?

Sep 10, 2019
I am in the same boat. Applied on my Aus passport and never entered though. I have a UK passport but never lived there. Please tell me if this process worked for you, if you needed a police check from a different country and what you wrote for your reason to enter canada on another iec.
Thanks!!