+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iec application

Tanja0789

Jan 27, 2020
Hey,

I just put an application in for my Iec.
I'm a german resident but been living in australia for the last 4 years (I got no australian residency) and was planning to go straight from australia to canada. Do I have to be in germany once I get an Invitation and apply for work permit or can I do it from within Australia ?
Also I had a Visa refusal for australia which is none of my fault, my sponsor didnt get approved. Would that be a problem to enter canada ?
Would appreciate any Information.
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Does not say on the Canada site you have to be in Germany when you apply.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=de&cat=wh&#country_category_name_cont

You will I think probably need police certificate from Germany and also the same from Australia which involves some sort of driver record depending which state you live in if Queensland or Victoria
For example.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/apply-work-permit.html#police

Any visa refusals must be declared so as long as declared should not be an issue but of course IRCC have final say and they may ask for details.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,

I just put an application in for my Iec.
I'm a german resident but been living in australia for the last 4 years (I got no australian residency) and was planning to go straight from australia to canada. Do I have to be in germany once I get an Invitation and apply for work permit or can I do it from within Australia ?
Also I had a Visa refusal for australia which is none of my fault, my sponsor didnt get approved. Would that be a problem to enter canada ?
Would appreciate any Information.
Thanks
You can apply from Aussie.