+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Application woes. Please advise!!

hgmorton

Jun 6, 2012
Hi all,

(Should firstly say that I'm applying as a UK citizen).

I sent my application for my IEC visa at the end of April, just after they opened for 2012 applicants. Roughly 2 months later (by which time I had already entered Canada as a tourist), I received my forms back at home saying that I had forgotten to sign one of the pages (what a twit).

I then promptly printed out the erroneous pages, signed them and mailed them back to my parents in the UK who sent the full and complete application back to the embassy -- this included my ORIGINAL application PDF and barcode page. It has now been returned to me again with no extra information, just the highlighted areas stating the same fault, 'please sign all the forms.'

I am confused. ALL of the pages have now been mailed out to me (I am currently in the US) so that I can go over them and resend the complete bundle directly, but to be honest I'm not sure what I can do that I haven't already?

My only thought at this stage is that I am required to send a COMPLETELY fresh copy of my application form with a new barcode page to start the application process from scratch. Do you think this is what is required? What if I were to send the original AND a new copy, would that mess things up? I'm really concerned that I'll miss out all together (what with the IEC website displaying 0 remaining places for the 2012/13 year).

This has been a rather lengthy post, but if anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go home yet!!!

Thanks
Harry

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hgmorton said:
Hi all,

(Should firstly say that I'm applying as a UK citizen).

I sent my application for my IEC visa at the end of April, just after they opened for 2012 applicants. Roughly 2 months later (by which time I had already entered Canada as a tourist), I received my forms back at home saying that I had forgotten to sign one of the pages (what a twit).

I then promptly printed out the erroneous pages, signed them and mailed them back to my parents in the UK who sent the full and complete application back to the embassy -- this included my ORIGINAL application PDF and barcode page. It has now been returned to me again with no extra information, just the highlighted areas stating the same fault, 'please sign all the forms.'

I am confused. ALL of the pages have now been mailed out to me (I am currently in the US) so that I can go over them and resend the complete bundle directly, but to be honest I'm not sure what I can do that I haven't already?

My only thought at this stage is that I am required to send a COMPLETELY fresh copy of my application form with a new barcode page to start the application process from scratch. Do you think this is what is required? What if I were to send the original AND a new copy, would that mess things up? I'm really concerned that I'll miss out all together (what with the IEC website displaying 0 remaining places for the 2012/13 year).

This has been a rather lengthy post, but if anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go home yet!!!

Thanks
Harry
Sorry to say, but you have missed the boat. All the IEC spaces are filled from the UK for this year. So it is probably pointless to send in a new application or even a revised one.

From London Visa office:

We will not accept any applications mailed after Monday May 28th, 2012 (as attested by the postal mark). There is no guarantee that applications received before this date will be approved. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Once the quota is full with applications that have been approved, we will stop all processing. You will be notified of the status of your application as soon as possible.

Information regarding the opening of the 2013 International Experience Canada Working Holiday for participants from the UK will be posted on this page in the fall of 2012. We thank you for your interest in Canada.