+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

jmtr

Jun 17, 2014
does anyone have an idea, why they don't answer on iec kompass messages? I wrote several and they never answered them......

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Hi, I need some help please. My husband has applied for PR (outland) on his UK passport in December, but is still waiting. We moved to Canada in March from NZ, but he entered as a visitor (on his UK passport). What I need to know, is can he apply for IEC on his NZ passport (he's too old to apply on his UK passport) while his PR application is in process. The problem is that apparently there's a section on the NZ IEC application regarding having intent to remain in Canada TEMPORARILY, which clearly is not the case since his PR application is in process.

Does anyone know if this is OK, or where to call to find out? We definitely want to do everything by the book as we don't want to have any problems with his PR.

Thanks for your help.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
jmtr said:
does anyone have an idea, why they don't answer on iec kompass messages? I wrote several and they never answered them......
How long has it been since you messaged them ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jmtr said:
I messaged them 2 weeks ago, several times. But now answer at all... pretty annoying.
I gotta be honest with you, I never got a response to the two messages I sent via my Kompass account :) And that was almost two years ago.
LOL so response times seem pretty pretty darn slow.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
Hey Toby do these new reforms affect IEC ? From what I have read on the government website I couldn't work it out.

jmtr

Jun 17, 2014
Hi guys,

I applied for the younf professional visa and first was on the waiting list and then got the message that the quota is available. I submitted all the documents and paid the fee. The fee is conducted from my bank account but it's still pending in my kompass account for almost 1,5 weeks. is this the normal case? how long will i take to get the acceptance letter or the message of refusal? thank you all

jmtr

Jun 17, 2014
please, does anyone have any experience on that? maybe here's someone who also applied during the last weeks?

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
jmtr said:
please, does anyone have any experience on that? maybe here's someone who also applied during the last weeks?
Do you mean 1.5 weeks? or 15 weeks ? If its only been a couple of weeks i wouldnt worry, but 15 weeks, then maybe send them a message.

Schnaute

Apr 22, 2014
jmtr said:
I applied two weeks ago and I am in the same situation. I heard it can take a while for them to process the payment so it's really just a matter of waiting it out. I hope they're done with it soon though, I had planned to go to Canada in 2 month :D.

I have another question: I applied for the IEC Internship/Co-op program and my internship will go on for 6 month. If I come to Canada a little bit before that and leave a bit after (so technically 7 month) that is okay with this kind of visa right?
Also I need to provide prove that I have sufficient money every month. Does anyone have experience with that and knows how I can do that? Would a letter from one my parents for example be enough?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Hello!!

My friend is from Korea. She applied for the IEC. (working holiday visa)

She applied two weeks ago exactly..today she got a letter stating that she has to send in some documents... such as passport copy, a photo (she got it from london drugs), family info, stuff like that

Is this like first stage of the approval process???

She submit all the docs they requested... when can she expect to get the visa??
She has a job lined up at a Watch Factory in vancouver but they can only hold the position until July 25th.... she's scared that it will take too long of a time and they will give her job to someone else.

please anyone know??

spomeniks

Jun 2, 2014
hi. My IEC WHP stage 2 application has been in for a few weeks now and still hasn't been approved, I'm booked to fly to USA tomorrow and then to Canada in a week. If it doesn't come through, would I be allowed to stay on a tourist visa until the port of entry letter comes?

jmtr

Jun 17, 2014
Hi, I applied for a young professional IEC work permit three weeks ago, uploaded everything and paid the fee. But I never heard anything yet. I'm from germany, so are there any other germans who have applied in the last months and also wait? I have the feeling that is taking a litle long.

alitze

Jul 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am applying for IEC as a last minute option since the LMO is going to take to long to wait for, my employer wants me to start in September. I have opened an account at the online Visa application service thing, and started to upload the documents etc. However, I don't really understand about that acceptance letter? How will I get that, and where should I turn to get that?