+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

Api123

Apr 16, 2014
iam_toby thank you very very much for the quick replies. If I could I would buy you a beer.

I'm happy knowing I can enter the country without the visa then just reenter if it all works out. thank you

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Api123 said:
iam_toby thank you very very much for the quick replies. If I could I would buy you a beer.

I'm happy knowing I can enter the country without the visa then just reenter if it all works out. thank you
I will call you on that, hit me up when you're in BC :)

Api123

Apr 16, 2014
Hi again.

Today I received my IEC acceptance letter which I was happy about but I see that I have to start an MyCIC account.

I'm starting to fill out a few of the forms on the site but I'm getting a bit of confused with a few of the things on the site.

it says i have to upload my iec acceptance letter but i am not sure how to do this as i cant save the file. when i try and convert is i get a message saying its password protected. Is this something i can sort easily?

do i fill the forms out then scan them then upload them?

I'm fairly illiterate with tech stuff so i would love some help haha

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Api123 said:
Hi again.

Today I received my IEC acceptance letter which I was happy about but I see that I have to start an MyCIC account.

I'm starting to fill out a few of the forms on the site but I'm getting a bit of confused with a few of the things on the site.

it says i have to upload my iec acceptance letter but i am not sure how to do this as i cant save the file. when i try and convert is i get a message saying its password protected. Is this something i can sort easily?

do i fill the forms out then scan them then upload them?

I'm fairly illiterate with tech stuff so i would love some help haha

Hi,

ok, here's a couple of things you can try / do:

#1 Have you completed the Come to Canada wizard on the CIC website?
- if not, do so, here's the link: >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

After completing the wizard you should get the result that you might be eligible for an IEC permit.

#2 To download the conditional acceptance letter from the IEC website, right click the link that takes
you to the letter and then select "save as" and try to download the pdf. If that doesn't work, open the acceptance
letter and then on the upper right corner of the screen click on "file - save as"
Let me know if that worked.

Hope this helps.

sebbo

Jan 1, 2012
Hi there

Does it on the Young Professionals POE Letter of Introduction say to which employer the work permit is limited? Or how do the immigration officers know that upon entry? Do you have to show all the documentation (job offer etc) again upon entry?

Thanks
Seb

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sebbo said:
Hi there

Does it on the Young Professionals POE Letter of Introduction say to which employer the work permit is limited? Or how do the immigration officers know that upon entry? Do you have to show all the documentation (job offer etc) again upon entry?

Thanks
Seb
The letter doesn't say anything about your work permit, but the officer
will see the details in the system and it will be printed on the work permit itself.

Api123

Apr 16, 2014
iam_toby said:
No, you can certainly do that. However, when you get your IEC approved and CIC sent you the letter of introduction, you will
have to leave Canada, by crossing one of the land borders, and reenter to activate the IEC work permit.
Hi iam_toby. I have a question to ask you about what you have said above. Today I visited a travel agent and told her I was flying to Canada soon and CIC has not sent me my POE letter yet ( it is being processed). She said I have to fly back to New Zealand and then return to Canada to activate the working holiday visa.

This is different to what you have mentioned above. Could you clear up what you have said please?

I asked her if I could just go across the boarder to the USA then reenter but she said that due to the ESTA Visa (that I activate when passing through the USA on the way to Vancouver), that I had to leave North America (which she said was canada, USA, and Mexico) and Just heading across the boarder and reenter will not work.

She also mentioned that I have to have the letter when I enter. Is this something that physically gets sent to my house in New Zealand or will it be an email that I can print off?

Could you please shed some more information if you have any please. I leave in just over a week and I'm getting pretty worried. I would like to stay for more than 90 days if I could manage that.

thank you

I tried to explain this in the best way that I could so hopefully this all makes sense to you. :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Api123 said:
Hi iam_toby. I have a question to ask you about what you have said above. Today I visited a travel agent and told her I was flying to Canada soon and CIC has not sent me my POE letter yet ( it is being processed). She said I have to fly back to New Zealand and then return to Canada to activate the working holiday visa.

This is different to what you have mentioned above. Could you clear up what you have said please?

I asked her if I could just go across the boarder to the USA then reenter but she said that due to the ESTA Visa (that I activate when passing through the USA on the way to Vancouver), that I had to leave North America (which she said was canada, USA, and Mexico) and Just heading across the boarder and reenter will not work.

She also mentioned that I have to have the letter when I enter. Is this something that physically gets sent to my house in New Zealand or will it be an email that I can print off?

Could you please shed some more information if you have any please. I leave in just over a week and I'm getting pretty worried. I would like to stay for more than 90 days if I could manage that.

thank you

I tried to explain this in the best way that I could so hopefully this all makes sense to you. :)
In order to get your work permit at the POE ( port of entry ) you need the LOI ( letter of introduction ) from CIC.
Without that letter, you won't get the work permit. I'm from a visa exempt country and don't need a TRV for Canada
and my country of citizenship is also part of the visa waiver program which allows me to enter the US without a visa.
So, you travel agent might be right in your case, that you might have to leave the country. I simply crossed the border
to the US and re-entered Canada to activate my IEC visa, had no issues.

Api123

Apr 16, 2014
i PM'ed you iam_toby. I'm not sure if it went through as my computer is playing up. Let me know if you get it please

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Young Professionals Germany - Waiting list success!

Hi,

just sharing this information because I couldn't find anything when I was looking for it:
I applied for the Young Professionals Category two weeks ago and was told that I'm on the waiting list (spot #5xx according to my WTN number, and they have 400 visa for Germany available). Today I received an email saying that there's a place available for me and I can start submitting my documents.
Yay!!
I had a hard time trying to find information about it and didn't know if there's any chance to get the visa, but now I'm delighted. So if anyone is in the same situation: Don't give up just yet! It might still come through!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Re: Young Professionals Germany - Waiting list success!

Rosalie87 said:
Hi,

just sharing this information because I couldn't find anything when I was looking for it:
I applied for the Young Professionals Category two weeks ago and was told that I'm on the waiting list (spot #5xx accruing to my WTN number, and they have 400 visa for Germany available). Today I received an email saying that there's a place available for me and I can start submitting my documents.
Yay!!
I had a hard time trying to find information about it and didn't know if there's any chance to get the visa, but now I#m delighted. So if anyone is in the same situation: Don't give up just yet! It might still come through!

Glueckwunsch, Rosalie! I'm glad it worked out for you. Guess you're pretty stoked about coming to Canada!
Check back in if you have more questions about the IEC application process, or with question when you're
already in Canada :)

Es gruesst aus Vancouver,

Toby

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Thanks Toby! I'm in Canada with a WH Visa at the moment and didn't really wanna go home!

Just one question so far: I read a few times that after I get my Conditional Acceptance letter and apply to CIC with it, I have to choose Germany as my country of residence though I'm in Canada. Can anyone confirm that information?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Rosalie87 said:
Thanks Toby! I'm in Canada with a WH Visa at the moment and didn't really wanna go home!

Just one question so far: I read a few times that after I get my Conditional Acceptance letter and apply to CIC with it, I have to choose Germany as my country of residence though I'm in Canada. Can anyone confirm that information?
Yes, that's what I had to do. And that's how a lot of other applicants got their second IEC visa from within Canada.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
goldenbrown said:
You can visit this page for info on IEC requirements and to receive insurance quotes from Canadian companies. We also work with immigration consultants so that we can help with visas as well.

http://arbetovinsurance.com/iec-travel-insurance/
I have to admit, that first of all, no one is asking for insurance and second, a business using a gmail email address
as their business email looks fishy to me.