+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tclinton said:
How long does it usually take for CIC to message you with your letter? My status was closed on Friday and at the bottom it just says this application has been approved. But have had no official message yet.
You should get the message by mid next week.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tclinton said:
Thanks you :)
Simply make sure to keep checking your MyCIC account for the LOI. In my case, after I got
my IEC visa approved I did not get a notification email or anything. I randomly checked my MyCIC
account and saw that my application was approved and the LOI was already issued.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
Yeah well considering in the 5 days it took to approve my application, i received 4 emails saying it had been updated but nothing had actually changed, that doesn't surprise me. I assume the letter will inform me of everything that's needed at the border.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tclinton said:
Yeah well considering in the 5 days it took to approve my application, i received 4 emails saying it had been updated but nothing had actually changed, that doesn't surprise me. I assume the letter will inform me of everything that's needed at the border.
No, it doesn't tell you what you bring to the airport. Check your countries
IEC website for required documents.
Usually you need the LOI, your passport, proof of travel insurance, proof of funds. That's all I can
remember from my application.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
Yeah cool cheers, thats what I thought...And by proof is cash sufficient proof? Also I have a year health insurance paid, and planned on getting the 2nd year while i am over there. Does anyone know the likely hood and of getting checked for proof of HI?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tclinton said:
Yeah cool cheers, thats what I thought...And by proof is cash sufficient proof? Also I have a year health insurance paid, and planned on getting the 2nd year while i am over there. Does anyone know the likely hood and of getting checked for proof of HI?
I entered Canada twice on a IEC visa and never got checked, but I know from other people who got checked.
So come prepared :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
belle86 said:
It's been over 13 days though for me as I submitted stage 2 docs on March 4...should I be worried?
Hi belle,

can't respond your last message as your inbox seems to be full.
Here's what I was going to send:

Ok, as long as it says 'open' you're fine. That means, your application has been
accepted and is being worked on.
What you can do, in case you're in Canada right now, is call the CIC hotline and check
with them about the application status. They have insight on the status and might
be able to help you understand what's going on and what's taking so long.
Also keep in mind, that the processing times posted on the CIC website ( currently 13 days )
are only the average. Some applications are being processed faster, some take a little longer.
I think that you will hear back from CIC regarding your application within the next couple
of days. Make sure to keep checking the MyCIC account for information, as I never got a
notification email or anything. My status changed to 'closed' one day and I had to login
in an print the LOI.

belle86

Mar 29, 2014
Thanks Toby, you're a gem!

So you think 'Open' means I am accepted? I wasn't sure if it was just that it either hasn't been looked at yet or they haven't come to a decision.

I'm currently in Australia so I'm not able to contact the CIC hotline. I will just keep checking my inbox and will hope to hear some good news in the next few days, I will keep you posted! :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
belle86 said:
Thanks Toby, you're a gem!

So you think 'Open' means I am accepted? I wasn't sure if it was just that it either hasn't been looked at yet or they haven't come to a decision.

I'm currently in Australia so I'm not able to contact the CIC hotline. I will just keep checking my inbox and will hope to hear some good news in the next few days, I will keep you posted! :)
Hope you read this, belle86. Your inbox is full again and I can't respond to your message :'(

Api123

Apr 16, 2014
Hi, I just found this forum. I'm pretty happy I have found it and was hoping I could get some help if anyone has a spare few minutes.

here is my issue.

I first applied for my IEC visa on the 4th of march and I filled out the required documents a few days later and sent that off (about the 10th) and then my visa application then moved into the IEC participation fee 'pending' phase. It stayed like this until April 10th when I got a message. I checked the progress and it moved into IEC eligibility assessment 'in progress' status.

Is this normal speed for things? I have had a brief skim through some of the posts and none of them seem to be taking this long.

Do any of you know how if there is a rough time for how long it takes to get to the next step and is the next step getting accepted?

I cant find much information on the site, especially about processing times or a phone number to ring.

I'm currently located in New Zealand.

Any help you guys could give would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

*fingers crossed iam_toby answers because he seems very knowledgeable)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Api123 said:
Hi, I just found this forum. I'm pretty happy I have found it and was hoping I could get some help if anyone has a spare few minutes.

here is my issue.

I first applied for my IEC visa on the 4th of march and I filled out the required documents a few days later and sent that off (about the 10th) and then my visa application then moved into the IEC participation fee 'pending' phase. It stayed like this until April 10th when I got a message. I checked the progress and it moved into IEC eligibility assessment 'in progress' status.

Is this normal speed for things? I have had a brief skim through some of the posts and none of them seem to be taking this long.

Do any of you know how if there is a rough time for how long it takes to get to the next step and is the next step getting accepted?

I cant find much information on the site, especially about processing times or a phone number to ring.

I'm currently located in New Zealand.

Any help you guys could give would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

*fingers crossed iam_toby answers because he seems very knowledgeable)
Hi,

my first stage approval also tool about 1.5 months. There's nothing you can do. Some countries process
the first stage faster than others, for whatever reason. As long as your application says that it's in process,
you don't have to worry about anything.
You can, if you want, contact IEC using this form: http://kompass-iec-eic.international.gc.ca/feedback.aspx?Lang=eng

Hang in there, you'll get the conditional acceptance letter soon.

Api123

Apr 16, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Helps ease the mind a bit.

I have one other question and a bit of a situation. As a New Zealander we can enter canada for up to 3 months. I'm sure you know that already knew that :). Here is the thing. I have flights booked to head over in 4 weeks. I'm headed over for a skate trip so
I applied for the visa in hopes it would turn up so I can stay longer and work/skate. Am I allowed into canada as a tourist while the iec visa hasn't been confirmed? will I run into any problems with this?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Api123 said:
Thanks for the reply. Helps ease the mind a bit.

I have one other question and a bit of a situation. As a New Zealander we can enter canada for up to 3 months. I'm sure you know that already knew that :). Here is the thing. I have flights booked to head over in 4 weeks. I'm headed over for a skate trip so
I applied for the visa in hopes it would turn up so I can stay longer and work/skate. Am I allowed into canada as a tourist while the iec visa hasn't been confirmed? will I run into any problems with this?
No, you can certainly do that. However, when you get your IEC approved and CIC sent you the letter of introduction, you will
have to leave Canada, by crossing one of the land borders, and reenter to activate the IEC work permit.