+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

Amanda1123

Oct 15, 2013
Hello,

My partner applied from New Zealand for her IEC working holiday in December of 2013. There were over 900 places left for NZ at this stage. She got her conditional acceptance letter (Stage 1) a week after she applied. She then set up her my CIC account and uploaded all documents for stage 2. There was a small issue with the Police certificate and the final documents they requested were uploaded and submitted on the 3rd of January 2014. We have not heard anything since then, when I check the cic site now there seems to be a new system called Kompass.

Does this mean we need to apply again under the new system? Any advise would be very helpful.

focus27

Nov 8, 2013
HI, I applyed for a new visa inside Canada, i got my introduction letter now, so i need to go to pick up my visa from a Canada/US border.
The question is, do i need a US visa to get renewed my old one, i mean do i need to cross US border or not?
Thank you

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
focus27 said:
HI, I applyed for a new visa inside Canada, i got my introduction letter now, so i need to go to pick up my visa from a Canada/US border.
The question is, do i need a US visa to get renewed my old one, i mean do i need to cross US border or not?
Thank you
You don't need a US visa. You go to the border, US side, tell the US officer that you're there to flagpole.
He will write you a note and send you back to the Canadian border where you can get your work permit.
Make sure the border you're intending to flagpole offers immigration services.

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Hi

I have filed out the application for a work permit outside Canada, validated it and saved the document. I printed it out and signed it and re-scanned it in and tried to upload it but the CIC online website keeps on saying error it cannot be validated. Which I don't understand because it does not allow me to sign electronically on the actual application itself that's why I printed out the form, signed it and scanned it and saved the document.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? if anyone has anyway of solving this problem please can you let me know how to sign it/ type in my name it is much appreciated.

Thank you ;)

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
HI Julia,

You do not need to sign the application t all if you are applying online. Signing electronically means once youupload all the documents it will ask you to sign electronically at the end by entering ur name ( you do not sign individual form electronically). Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

juliabear said:
Hi

I have filed out the application for a work permit outside Canada, validated it and saved the document. I printed it out and signed it and re-scanned it in and tried to upload it but the CIC online website keeps on saying error it cannot be validated. Which I don't understand because it does not allow me to sign electronically on the actual application itself that's why I printed out the form, signed it and scanned it and saved the document.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? if anyone has anyway of solving this problem please can you let me know how to sign it/ type in my name it is much appreciated.

Thank you ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
confusedimmigrant said:
HI Julia,

You do not need to sign the application t all if you are applying online. Signing electronically means once youupload all the documents it will ask you to sign electronically at the end by entering ur name ( you do not sign individual form electronically). Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Second that. Download the document, fill it, save it, upload it. Application will be signed digitally as confusedimmigrant already stated.

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Thank you and thank you iam_toby for your help ;D Wished they would make that more expressly clearer.

confusedimmigrant said:
HI Julia,

Cheers

Mar 14, 2014
Hi,

I just applied for the IEC in IRELAND and just paid my fee 10 minutes ago, when I looked back at my application I found out I had the wrong date of birth in, the format they looked for YYYY-MM-DD where I had it YYYY-DD-MM do you thing this will make a difference will my IEC get rejected ? I have messaged them asking could they change.
Am I better off to Withdraw my application and Start fresh for the 2nd round.

Any Help on this would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks

Daniel Cantwell.

Osmund89

Mar 20, 2014
Hi,

I'm from Denmark, and I'm currently being assessed by the IEC. They've accepted my payment and everything, and their latest message said that I would hear if I was eligible or not within in two weeks. It's been 16 days now, is that normal? There was a minor error in my application, as I got confused and wrote my last name twice. I messaged them however, and told them of my error. Can this be what caused my delay?

I can see that this thread is a bit dead, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Osmund

Osmund89

Mar 20, 2014
Osmund89 said:
Hi,

I'm from Denmark, and I'm currently being assessed by the IEC. They've accepted my payment and everything, and their latest message said that I would hear if I was eligible or not within in two weeks. It's been 16 days now, is that normal? There was a minor error in my application, as I got confused and wrote my last name twice. I messaged them however, and told them of my error. Can this be what caused my delay?

I can see that this thread is a bit dead, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Osmund
Anyone?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Osmund89 said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Osmund

Still no response from IEC? I would try to contact the IEC program of Denmark again, see if there's a different way of contacting,
other than email. If email is the only way, send another email. Guess that's all you can do, but wait for the first stage approval.

Osmund89

Mar 20, 2014
iam_toby said:
Still no response from IEC? I would try to contact the IEC program of Denmark again, see if there's a different way of contacting,
other than email. If email is the only way, send another email. Guess that's all you can do, but wait for the first stage approval.
Nope, no response yet. I'll try that.

Thanks for your help!

belle86

Mar 29, 2014
I applied for my WHV on March 4th 2014 and still haven't heard anything yet. I'm just hoping my LOI will come before April 26th as that is my flight date! I'm from Australia and I've heard some people get theirs 2 weeks after they lodge their documents for stage 2...I'm starting to get worried.

It was just so much easier when you sent in the documents via mail, I heard back within 3 weeks or less back in 2011.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
belle86 said:
I applied for my WHV on March 4th 2014 and still haven't heard anything yet. I'm just hoping my LOI will come before April 26th as that is my flight date! I'm from Australia and I've heard some people get theirs 2 weeks after they lodge their documents for stage 2...I'm starting to get worried.

It was just so much easier when you sent in the documents via mail, I heard back within 3 weeks or less back in 2011.
Yes, current processing times for work permits are 13 days. So 13 days after submitting documents for stage 2
should be the day you get your LOI. Good luck!

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
How long does it usually take for CIC to message you with your letter? My status was closed on Friday and at the bottom it just says this application has been approved. But have had no official message yet.