+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Identity Proof Documents

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I have two questions about identity proof documents for the Citizenship application:

1. When they mention Health Insurance card - is this the same as the Ontario Health card(OHIP Card) ? Can I submit this with the PR Card, and that enough?

2. And if I submit my passport as identity proof document - do I provide them two copies of the passport biography/photo pages? - since the passport is also required as a standalone document for the application?

I would appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone, I have two questions about identity proof documents for the Citizenship application:

1. When they mention Health Insurance card - is this the same as the Ontario Health card(OHIP Card) ? Can I submit this with the PR Card, and that enough?

2. And if I submit my passport as identity proof document - do I provide them two copies of the passport biography/photo pages? - since the passport is also required as a standalone document for the application?

OHIP card copy (front and back) is what we have submitted in the case of the minor's application form.
Our's was a paper based application form for the family. So adult's had to provide complete color copy of all page passport pages. We remember adding a separate Bio page along with the driver's license for the proof of identification for the adult's application form.
We remember marking each specific documents (e.g. passport, IELTS, receipt, etc.) with a Post-it page marker

Reactions: Rutherfords

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Since I do not have a driver's license, shall I attach - Passport Bio pages + OHIP Card? Or PR Card + OHIP Card?
The passport coloured pages will in case be a part of the application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

You can submit PP + OHIP card OR PR card + OHIP card. If you are submitting PP, then submit 2 copies of the bio page of the passport. I personally submitted OHIP card + PP (2 copies of the bio page).

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
OHIP card copy (front and back) is what we have submitted in the case of the minor's application form.
Our's was a paper based application form for the family. So adult's had to provide complete color copy of all page passport pages. We remember adding a separate Bio page along with the driver's license for the proof of identification for the adult's application form.
We remember marking each specific documents (e.g. passport, IELTS, receipt, etc.) with a Post-it page marker
Thank you. To the point about using Post-its Page Markers - Did you somehow Label with these to create separate sections?

I was thinking of simply using slightly long, black paperclips to bunch each of the 'section' of documents. With the Document checklist on top.

Also thinking of using a separate transparent slip to file each family members application, all of which go inside a larger envelope?

@rajkamalmohanram what is your opinion on this?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you. To the point about using Post-its Page Markers - Did you somehow Label with these to create separate sections?

I was thinking of simply using slightly long, black paperclips to bunch each of the 'section' of documents. With the Document checklist on top.

Also thinking of using a separate transparent slip to file each family members application, all of which go inside a larger envelope?

IMO, there is no need to use paper clips for each section. Place the document checklist as the first page, then the application and rest of the documents in order. Use one paperclip per applicant.

And yes, you can place each application + documents in one transparent folder for each family member and send all those applications to IRCC in one envelope.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
IMO, there is no need to use paper clips for each section. Place the document checklist as the first page, then the application and rest of the documents in order. Use one paperclip per applicant.

And yes, you can place each application + documents in one transparent folder for each family member and send all those applications to IRCC in one envelope.
Sounds good.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Yes, for each of these documents I wrote the marker e.g. Passport, Fee Receipt, 2 x Proof of Identification, Language Proficiency.

I stapled the respective documents (passport pages, application, proof of identification as individual bunches and then used the paper clip for the complete individual application. I remember putting the validation barcode page on top of each application set

I included all the completed application forms in a large envelope and also included all the photographs in one small sized envelope (labeled this envelope as Photographs for applicant, 1, 2....)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Yes, for each of these documents I wrote the marker e.g. Passport, Fee Receipt, 2 x Proof of Identification, Language Proficiency.

I stapled the respective documents (passport pages, application, proof of identification as individual bunches and then used the paper clip for the complete individual application. I remember putting the validation barcode page on top of each application set

I included all the completed application forms in a large envelope and also included all the photographs in one small sized envelope (labeled this envelope as Photographs for applicant, 1, 2....)
That's all quite proper. Just wondering if I read some place that 'stapling' the documents is not ok. I could be wrong.