+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Identity History Summary

datguyforcanada

Dec 5, 2020
Is the FBI IDHS the only background check quired or do they also ask for state-level ones, if you have lived in multiple states?
Also, how long after it is issues is teh IDHS from FBI valid?

Thanks in advance!

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Is the FBI IDHS the only background check quired or do they also ask for state-level ones, if you have lived in multiple states?
Also, how long after it is issues is teh IDHS from FBI valid?

Thanks in advance!
Yes FBI background check is only required if you are in USA. I believe it is valid for 1 year.

datguyforcanada

Dec 5, 2020
Yes FBI background check is only required if you are in USA. I believe it is valid for 1 year.
Thanks a lot. I looked up the duration though. It seems like it's only valid for 2 months. I only aksed if state checks required since it says on the doc that it doeesn't preclude state records.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks a lot. I looked up the duration though. It seems like it's only valid for 2 months. I only aksed if state checks required since it says on the doc that it doeesn't preclude state records.
You are overthinking it, on an average it takes about 9 months to process an application. Would you get new FBI PCC every 2 months? no, once you submit your application is locked. There is no need to submit again unless they ask for it specifically, only medicals can be asked to re-do if they are expired.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
You are overthinking it, on an average it takes about 9 months to process an application. Would you get new FBI PCC every 2 months? no, once you submit your application is locked. There is no need to submit again unless they ask for it specifically, only medicals can be asked to re-do if they are expired.
@datguyforcanada If this helps any, I received my Identity History Summary Request on April 8, 2019. I submitted my RP application on October 28, 2019. I received PR on September 28, 2020. I was never asked for an updated IHDR, or any criminal reports or background checks from the 2 states I lived in my whole life in The U.S.

Reactions: datguyforcanada