+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Identification Query_Online Application

zohaib52

Apr 7, 2014
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of applying for citizenship through the online application portal. While completing the Identification section of the application, I came across a query that requires clarification.

For the Personal ID 1 section, I have two options to choose from:

1. Biographical page (bio page) of your passport or travel document
  2. Valid or expired permanent resident card (PR card)
I am inclined to select option 2, which involves using a valid or expired permanent resident card (PR card). This selection then prompts me to provide another identification document under Personal ID 2. The available options for Personal ID 2 are as follows:

1. Driver’s licence
  2. Health insurance card
  3. Age of majority card
  4. Senior citizen identification card
My concern arises from not possessing any of the identification documents listed above. However, I do possess an Alberta Identification Card, which appears to be a suitable alternative. My question is whether it would be acceptable to upload my Alberta ID card under the "Driver’s licence" tab, considering that it is not explicitly listed as an option.

I highly value the accuracy and completeness of my application, and I want to ensure that I adhere to the correct procedures. Your guidance and clarification in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.