+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ideal times to call IRCC Client Support Center to update address for PR card

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
Hi,

I've been trying to call IRCC's client support center at 1-888-242-2100 for the last several days to provide a Canadian address. I completed soft-landing and since the border agent didn't take my address, I need to call them and provide the address to kick off PR card processing. I keep getting disconnected saying they are receiving a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer me to an agent.

Is there an ideal time to call them to get through? I've called 50-70 times each day for the last few days with no luck. Also, is there an alternate mechanism to update the Canadian address on my application? The online address update portal (Address Notification (cic.gc.ca) ) refuses to pull up my application based on the details I provide, so I'm unable do it through this. Help is really appreciated!

Thanks

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Hi,

I've been trying to call IRCC's client support center at 1-888-242-2100 for the last several days to provide a Canadian address. I completed soft-landing and since the border agent didn't take my address, I need to call them and provide the address to kick off PR card processing. I keep getting disconnected saying they are receiving a high volume of calls and are unable to transfer me to an agent.

Is there an ideal time to call them to get through? I've called 50-70 times each day for the last few days with no luck. Also, is there an alternate mechanism to update the Canadian address on my application? The online address update portal (Address Notification (cic.gc.ca) ) refuses to pull up my application based on the details I provide, so I'm unable do it through this. Help is really appreciated!

Thanks
After the when they ask for UCI press 2 and just when the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine starts press 330.

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
What did you finally do ?
I was able to call them and provide the Canadian address. When calling, I first press "1" to provide by UCI, then after the Afghan/Ukraine message plays, I choose "1" for existing application, and then instead of choosing "1" for contact update (which was always saying high volume of calls), I chose "2" for application status, and was able to talk to an agent.