Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Hi everyone,

I am applying for Canadian citizenship later this month, and I am curious about their ID requirements. The are asking to include:
- Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)
- Two pieces of personal identification

Can I count the bibliographical page of my passport as one of the two pieces of personal identification? Then, just sending a photocopy of my passport and a photocopy of the medical card should be good enough to satisfy both the ID requirement and biographical page from Passport requirement. From their explanation it appears as so, but I just wanted to confirm.

Thank you!

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
you can send a copy of your health card

copy of drivers license

copy of birth certifate

copy of passport

copy of your PR card etc.

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
cmandy said:
you can send a copy of your health card

copy of drivers license

copy of birth certifate

copy of passport

copy of your PR card etc.
But I am already submitting a copy of PR card and passport as required elsewhere in their document list. So, I don't quite understand why they need this extra item in the list. Or are they asking me to submit two copies of the same thing?

NS_SJ

May 6, 2013
andriy155 said:
But I am already submitting a copy of PR card and passport as required elsewhere in their document list. So, I don't quite understand why they need this extra item in the list. Or are they asking me to submit two copies of the same thing?
If so, then you can send a copy of your driver's licence or copy of your health card or a copy of your provincial government issued ID card. Hope this helps.

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
NS_SJ said:
If so, then you can send a copy of your driver's licence or copy of your health card or a copy of your provincial government issued ID card. Hope this helps.
Thanks! This is my plan: send copies of PR card, passport, provincial ID and the health card.This seems like a little bit of an overkill though... Especially considering that provincial IDs/driver licences will be merged with health cards by 2018 in BC.
I was thinking, perhaps this requirement to have two IDs appears simply because some people may not have a passport and their PR card at the time of the citizenship application. If you look at the document list it says that if somebody does not have these documents in their possession, it is enough to provide an explanation why. Hence there is a need of a separate item on the list asking to provide two IDs. Oh well, I am going to send them 4 IDS just in case. Unfortunately BCID takes at least 4 weeks to arrive...

NS_SJ

May 6, 2013
andriy155 said:
Thanks! This is my plan: send copies of PR card, passport, provincial ID and the health card.This seems like a little bit of an overkill though... Especially considering that provincial IDs/driver licences will be merged with health cards by 2018 in BC.
I was thinking, perhaps this requirement to have two IDs appears simply because some people may not have a passport and their PR card at the time of the citizenship application. If you look at the document list it says that if somebody does not have these documents in their possession, it is enough to provide an explanation why. Hence there is a need of a separate item on the list asking to provide two IDs. Oh well, I am going to send them 4 IDS just in case. Unfortunately BCID takes at least 4 weeks to arrive...

All the best.