+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT WP Online Applications at NY Consulate - Jan, 2015

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
We have the approval letter for work permit. We are just waiting for her passport to be returned.

We applied outland NYC but live in Canada. So the question is this.

Does NYC cic ever send the work permit with the Passport.

Is there anyway to get the work permit without flag polling. Can it be done at a CIC office.

The reason for the question is. She lives in Northern Alberta closest boarder is a 9 hour drive but she dosnt drive so its a long bus trip.

She could fly out to where I live on Vancouver island then we could take a ferry $100.00 each way to Vancouver and drive to the boarder.

Can she fly to a us airport to flag pole ?? Or does it have to be a boarder crossing.

Thanks in advance

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
pirchcom said:
We have the approval letter for work permit. We are just waiting for her passport to be returned.

We applied outland NYC but live in Canada. So the question is this.

Does NYC cic ever send the work permit with the Passport.

Is there anyway to get the work permit without flag polling. Can it be done at a CIC office.

The reason for the question is. She lives in Northern Alberta closest boarder is a 9 hour drive but she dosnt drive so its a long bus trip.

She could fly out to where I live on Vancouver island then we could take a ferry $100.00 each way to Vancouver and drive to the boarder.

Can she fly to a us airport to flag pole ?? Or does it have to be a boarder crossing.

Thanks in advance
The only way to get the permit is to go to a point of entry into Canada. This could be a border crossing or airport, doesn't matter which.

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
msnr said:
I too got an email for Passport submission...
Hi, I just want to know if the CIC will ask for FBI police clearance certificate for the ICT work permit decision, as mine ICT application was submitted on 20th Feb and still no updates from the CIC. The FBI finger printing check also send at the same time and my US stay is maxing out in June'15?

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Sorry to sound stupid. So she lives in alberta. So she could get a bus to edminton airport and get her work permit or will she have to fly from Edmonton to the US and back again and they would give her her WP at the US airport.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
pirchcom said:
Sorry to sound stupid. So she lives in alberta. So she could get a bus to edminton airport and get her work permit or will she have to fly from Edmonton to the US and back again and they would give her her WP at the US airport.
Yes she can fly out to the US then fly back into Canada and get her work permit when she comes back in

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Vbhat,

did you get any updates about your case?

Do we need FBI report / finger print card for Canada Intra company transfer work permit? I dint give any Finger print or FBI report. Is that mandatory? at what part of our process do we need to submit that?

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
I got the original passport submission request from CIC, but still they didn't ask for FBI PCC. I have sent my passports to VAC New York on 11th May and waiting for the tracking number from VAC.

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Congrat Vbhatt...

FBI Report is not mandatory, I just confirmed with my colleague who moved to Canada 2 months back from US thru Intra Company transfer work permit.... He was not asked for any Finger print or FBI report...

So you should be good to go..

Vbhat22

Apr 23, 2015
ssudarjothi said:
Congrat Vbhatt...

FBI Report is not mandatory, I just confirmed with my colleague who moved to Canada 2 months back from US thru Intra Company transfer work permit.... He was not asked for any Finger print or FBI report...

So you should be good to go..
Thanks ssudarjothi, do you know how long it takes to get the passport back with visa stamped from NYC consulate?

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Vbhat22 said:
Thanks ssudarjothi, do you know how long it takes to get the passport back with visa stamped from NYC consulate?

Hey Vbhat, have yo received your passport? how many days it took for you to get back your passport?

landed in canada?