+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT WP Applications at NY Consulate - Oct , Nov and Dec 2014

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All - Received email from CSC on 13th Jan that my passport is ready for pickup. I picked up my passport same day. Landed in Montreal very next day.

here are my final timelines :

Application submitted online ( LMIA exempt ) : 21st Nov 2014
Passport request received : 5th Jan 2015
Dropped passport at CVAC : 5th Jan 2015
Passport pickup email : 13th Jan 2015
Picked up stamped passport : 13th Jan 2015.

Merci !!

latabata

Jan 23, 2015
Hi All,

I applied for ICT work permit LMA exemption. I work for one of the big 4 consulting firms. I applied through post to VAC NY along with my passport and my wife (Open work permit) passports. Here are the timelines. Guys please do post your application dates and other details instead of just viewing the post so that we have more information on what is happening.

Applied: Dec 17th 2014

Called VAC and emailed the consulate, standard VAC reply of 3 months at-least and consulate did not respond yet. I have a deadline of Feb 13th to join the project or the whole thing may go kaput with the Canadian side of my firm backing out.

Do you guys think I will get it by Feb 13th ? given that I applied on Dec 17th ?

Best,
Lata

AK2015

Jan 25, 2015
I am also in same boat, mine applied on Dec 12th with consulate and waiting for approval. Please keep posted once you guys get any status.

latabata

Jan 23, 2015
I received an email to my enquiry saying: We are currently processing the application and it is in queue. Same bull shit of 30 days minimum time and can not give an ETA on when it will be done.

Any one else please update your timelines. If you received the Visa do not just stay silent, it will help others in planning and understanding when they may get their visas.

My passports are with them and because of that I can not go to any vacation in the mean time. Their process sucks big time.

Best
Lata

jose_c

Aug 12, 2014
I got the same reply from them.Twice.They are not even specifying which date applications they are finalizing.Used to do it earlier.Considering past few months trend it should take only 4-5 weeks.Even Nov applicants in this thread got their visa..Wondering whats happening with Dec applications..

Nov 18, 2014
This will not help, but I submitted online on Dec 3, 2014. And I have heard absolutely nothing!

It's ironic that I qualified for a fast-track LMIA, (that took 4 weeks instead of 10 days as they promised, but 4 weeks is better than the average of 20+ weeks). And now I'm waiting for a WP approval for ~9 weeks. Unlike ICT cases, even a fast-track'd LMIA case is 6+ months for an employer. Clearly Canada is a very confident economy!

jose_c

Aug 12, 2014
Is there any one (who are yet to get approval) who can check their status online in MyCIC ? My case is with attorney, and they are not giving any details :(. The e-mail from CIC NY consulate says processing has begun, so what does that related to the status in MyCIC ?

latabata

Jan 23, 2015
Are we all sure that every one who applied in Nov (end of Nov) including have received their work permits ? that would mean they will start the Dec applications some time soon.

Guys from Nov please let us know if you are also still waiting (ICT only).

Best,
Lata

jose_c

Aug 12, 2014
Hi All,

Good News :), My ICT application was approved today. now i need to send the passport for stamping. All the best for the folks who are waiting. Hope you hear the good news soon .