+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT WP Applications at NY Consulate - Oct , Nov and Dec 2014

latabata

Jan 23, 2015
Hi,

Congratulations Jose !! Did you not submit the passport along with your application for ICT. I sent in my application and passports together. Any one else from Dec waiting, please send in the application date and if you received the passports back.

Best,
lata

jose_c

Aug 12, 2014
No, i didnt send the passport along with the application. My companya attorney filed it online.

jose_c

Aug 12, 2014
aclockworkorange said:
Great news - must be a relief. Curious, did your CIC account/Online Application Status get updated?
aclockworkorange, Only my company attorney has access to the online CIC account. I guess they should be able to see the Online Application Status.

AK2015

Jan 25, 2015
aclockworkorange, did you try to check with your attorney? your case was submitted on Dec 3rd and Jose was submitted on Dec 8th, if they take took and processed application in sequential order, yours should have got approved first.

latabata

Jan 23, 2015
What I fear is some small documentation is missing from my file and the idiots have taken 2.5 months to reject the application. Is it necessary that every one who applies get it ? Canadian Consulate made me a pessimist :(

Best,
lata

latabata

Jan 23, 2015
hi AK2015,

So you applied on Dec 12th and did you apply online or sent your passports and application through mail ? Let us know if you hear anything....

Best,
lata

AK2015

Jan 25, 2015
I got email from my company saying, attorney submitted to consulate on Dec 12th. I was told once work permit approves, i will be asked to send the passport to consulate.

I am maxing out on Feb 26, so no way i can get my passport back to travel to canada before 26th even if i get approved in another 2 -3 days. My company told they would liase to canadian consulate in india, then once i am in india i can send the passport to consulate to get visa stamped.

Will keep you all posted once i hear anything from my company or attorney.

Nov 18, 2014
AK2015 said:
aclockworkorange, did you try to check with your attorney? your case was submitted on Dec 3rd and Jose was submitted on Dec 8th, if they take took and processed application in sequential order, yours should have got approved first.
I have no attorney involved at this stage. The (prospective) company's attorney was involved till they got a LMIA for me. After that we thought getting the WP TRV is a straight-forward online process. In fact other approved LMIAs from the same company, who are from visa-exempt countries simply appeared at the border and walked in with a Work TRV.

Frankly I don't understand what can cause a 2.5 month processing time, given I have a long/frequent history of traveling to Canada on business. For a regular WP (subject to LMIA), I thought the TRV process is similar to simply ensuring the authenticity of the person and their passport. I'm sure I sound frustrated.

BTW, if anybody applied online, do you find the CIC login broken for the last 3 days?

latabata

Jan 23, 2015
Damn 16th is a Consulate holiday, so folks must have taken another long weekend vacation!! I hope that does not delay things..I think only 3-4 of us are here on this forum who are the Dec applicants..

Best,
lata

Sgtexas

Feb 18, 2015
Hey guys; I submit my ICT application on Dec. 23 online and got passport request email on February 13...PS: When you send your original passport along with other documents; you need to include an air bill prepaid envelope... Do not use Fedex or UPS. VAC will only accept the air bill prepaid envelope from USPS.FYI...

Nov 18, 2014
latabata said:
Any other Dec applicants heard anything ?

Best,
lata
hey guys, i heard from the consulate today, requesting for my passport. Again the details, FYI

Work Permit (with positive LMIA)
Submitted: Dec 3, 2014
Request for passport: Feb 18, 2015

cheers