+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit Rejection

Akansha_2012

Sep 19, 2016
Hi,

My ICT WP was rejected on 14th June 2016 with the following reason-

1) I am not satisfied that you meet both advance expertise and high degree of proprietary knowledge as
required by R205(a).
2) You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you.
Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process

Whereas my ICT questionnaire was having all the details about my 6 years of work experience and the exceptional skills/ proprietary knowledge I possess in the organization.
My questions are following-
1. On what measure Office is assessing proprietary and specialized knowledge? Is any IT personnel involved in this process?
2. Is there any re-appeal my Employer can do so that Officer can re-assess the application or I need to initiate a fresh request?
3. If fresh request, then when can I reapply for Work Permit?

Please suggest.

Appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Regards,
Akansha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What takes longer to know:
ICT approved or ICT rejected?
How long the application takes to process does not indicate either an approval or refusal.

wpkc

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Hi,

My ICT WP was rejected on 14th June 2016 with the following reason-

1) I am not satisfied that you meet both advance expertise and high degree of proprietary knowledge as
required by R205(a).
2) You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you.
Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process

Whereas my ICT questionnaire was having all the details about my 6 years of work experience and the exceptional skills/ proprietary knowledge I possess in the organization.
My questions are following-
1. On what measure Office is assessing proprietary and specialized knowledge? Is any IT personnel involved in this process?
2. Is there any re-appeal my Employer can do so that Officer can re-assess the application or I need to initiate a fresh request?
3. If fresh request, then when can I reapply for Work Permit?

Please suggest.

Appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Regards,
Akansha
Hi, did you apply again, or what was your next course of action?