+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit Rejected

aswini

Jul 7, 2014
HI,

My ICT work permit for Canada is rejected by asking LMO and to reapply.

Can i reapply immediately? Or any timegap is required to reapply.

-Aswini

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
aswini said:
HI,

My ICT work permit for Canada is rejected by asking LMO and to reapply.

Can i reapply immediately? Or any timegap is required to reapply.

-Aswini
When you lodge your application did you include lmo? If yes is it expired? If not you can reapply it again as long as iits not expired yet

Reactions: aspiringkanuck

aswini

Jul 7, 2014
I lodged my application on Jun 6 and it is exemption from LMO.

If i want to apply with LMO can i start the process immediately? Or any time gap is required for reapply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have an approved LMIA/LMO you can apply immediately.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aswini said:
I lodged my application on Jun 6 and it is exemption from LMO.

If i want to apply with LMO can i start the process immediately? Or any time gap is required for reapply.
Your employer can begin the *process* to apply for an LMO immediately. This means advertising for Canadians or permanent residents for 4 weeks using a number of different methods (print, online, etc.). If no suitable Canadian candidate applies, only then can the employer apply for an LMO.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
amira_mais said:
This means advertising for Canadians or permanent residents for 4 weeks using a number of different methods (print, online, etc.). If no suitable Canadian candidate applies, only then can the employer apply for an LMO.
Yes. Your employer must advertise the job for a month first. Then your employer must apply for the LMO/LMIA. As part of this process, your employer will need to pay a $1,000 processing fee. Then you will have to wait anywhere from 6-20 weeks for the LMO/LMIA to be processed.

aswini

Jul 7, 2014
Can employer re-apply under the catergory - Exemption from LMO?

Other colleagues had got the visa who applied the type of work permit as - Exemption from LMO.
My category was different and hence they are expecting LMO.

Please suggest, can my employer proceed with re-applying under the exemption from LMO category?

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
aswini said:
Can employer re-apply under the catergory - Exemption from LMO?

Other colleagues had got the visa who applied the type of work permit as - Exemption from LMO.
My category was different and hence they are expecting LMO.

Please suggest, can my employer proceed with re-applying under the exemption from LMO category?
If they are asking an lmo then your job category needs an lmo. You said you are under ict if I'm not mistaken some people here in the forum that I talked to before they are waiting for lmo so I guess you need need that and there is no exemption with that job. Exemption in lmo is depend on the kind of job that you are applying. Ask your employer that you need lmo to support you work permit application to the embassy coz that lmo you need that to present in the port of entry in canada to the immigration officer there.

aswini

Jul 7, 2014
Other colleagues who went with different job category went with exemption with LMO. Their job cateory is DataAnalyst, my job category is Software Developer.
I have applied immediately after them. I am not understand why its happened for me only.

If the issue is with my job category, can i proceed with new application with the job category where exempted with LMO.
Is it like, if i want to apply with any other job category i should have LMO for my case? i am looking for all the alternative ways.

Please suggest, my empoloyer can opt me under new job category? In that case also will they look for LMO?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aswini said:
Other colleagues who went with different job category went with exemption with LMO. Their job cateory is DataAnalyst, my job category is Software Developer.
I have applied immediately after them. I am not understand why its happened for me only.

If the issue is with my job category, can i proceed with new application with the job category where exempted with LMO.
Is it like, if i want to apply with any other job category i should have LMO for my case? i am looking for all the alternative ways.

Please suggest, my empoloyer can opt me under new job category? In that case also will they look for LMO?
It looks like you have been caught by the new instructions for ICT Knowledge workers: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob575.asp
Your employer will require a LMIA

aswini

Jul 7, 2014
My Employer is not going to raise LMO, they simple left my application and asked not to apply till 1 year. :(

Is there any rule that we should not apply till 1 year as a fresh application. Please suggest how to proceed my case, waiting till 1 year is the only solution?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no 1 year rule. However as PMM mentioned, your employer needs to obtain an LMO/LMIA if you want to apply again. You have two choices:

1) Convince your employer to obtain an approved LMO/LMIA and apply for the work permit again.
2) Find a different employer in Canada who is willing to offer you a job and can get an approved LMO/LMIA and then apply for a work permit.

anoopm

Jul 17, 2014
I also got the message saying passport has been dispatched today..hoping that it is approved ... :) :(