+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT to BC and work in Ontario

Mar 22, 2019
Hello, the company I work for in India has a nominal branch registered in British Columbia with British Columbia address for local Canada projects work. The company also has Ontario Corporation Number, but with BC Address.
I plan to come to Canada on Long Term Work Permit on ICT as Sr Management role (LMIA exempt). But I will need to work and stay in Ontario.
1) Will ICT be approved if I am going to be in Ontario and not in BC?
2) If it is BC based ICT, I guess I will have problems with the local services like OHIP\MSP, Driving License, SIN etc..right?
3) Also, I am coming with wife and kid and hence more concerned on the medical insurance part.
4) Please advise if I can still go with ICT or should I look for another type of Work Permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You'll have to first see whether you get approved for ICT. It doesn't sound like there is an actual need for you to work in Canada.

Mar 22, 2019
You'll have to first see whether you get approved for ICT. It doesn't sound like there is an actual need for you to work in Canada.
We could start some work remotely, but me moving there locally in Sr Management role, will help improve the Company business in Canada and hence my application for ICT is in right spirit. It is just that, we could see a lot of business growing up in Ontario in last few months which triggered the decision to move me there.
Anyways, will wait for any other answers to my questions above and/or suggestions of applying directly for Ontario or first to BC and then to move to Ontario etc.

Last edited: